• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Stickman's 2017 Minimalist Glog

Hi all, it's been a great couple of months away from THP through the holidays, but it's time to get back in harness and start the growing cycle again. I picked up a 6-cell Aerogarden with CFL lights a couple months ago and started my Pubes and a few Chinense varieties today. I still haven't figured out how to post pics from my new smart phone, but will do so when I can wrest the laptop from my wife later... Cheers all!

moruga welder said:
Welcome back , Rick !  

Cheers Frank! Not much to see yet, but here's the pics of the Aerogarden with the seeds planted.

0116172043a.jpg

0116172043b.jpg

0116172043c.jpg

I put in some Aji Oro Pubes from Comptine and Green Chile Monster, Giant Yellow CARDI Scorpions from Hippy Seed Company, Piment Cabri from Baekseju, Forbing Nagas from Windchicken and some of RandyP's weapons-grade "Not" Chocolate Scorpions. Cheers!

Oh yeah!!!

It hasn't been the same around here without ya.

The aero gardens are amazing little creatures. I've accumulated 3 now. Got one for 5 dollars at thrift store and another at a garage sale for $20.

I have some replacement cages and inserts for replanting I think. I could send you some for your next planting. Be careful, with the right nutes you could have foot tall plants in 4 weeks. I usually do.

Well welcome back my friend.

Good luck

OCD Chilehead said:
Oh yeah!!!

It hasn't been the same around here without ya.

The aero gardens are amazing little creatures. I've accumulated 3 now. Got one for 5 dollars at thrift store and another at a garage sale for $20.

I have some replacement cages and inserts for replanting I think. I could send you some for your next planting. Be careful, with the right nutes you could have foot tall plants in 4 weeks. I usually do.

Well welcome back my friend.

Good luck

Cheers Mate! You guys had good luck with them, so I thought I'd try... I'm also hoping it cuts down on the amount of electricity I use in the early stages of seed starting. The multi-shelf starter arrangement is too much of an energy hog until we get enough hours of daylight for the solar panels to provide for it. I'm thinking I'll just use the Aerogarden for the Pubes, Chinenses and maybe some parsley (since it's so hard to get germinated). Thanks for the offer of seed starting supplies for it, but I think I'm good. I sent off for a package of 50 starter media plugs, extra cages and covers, and some more of the liquid nutes. That should do me for a few years at least. :) Thanks also for finding those Giant Yellow CARDI Scorpion seeds. I'm really looking forward to them this year!

stickman said:

Cheers Mate! You guys had good luck with them, so I thought I'd try... I'm also hoping it cuts down on the amount of electricity I use in the early stages of seed starting. The multi-shelf starter arrangement is too much of an energy hog until we get enough hours of daylight for the solar panels to provide for it. I'm thinking I'll just use the Aerogarden for the Pubes, Chinenses and maybe some parsley (since it's so hard to get germinated). Thanks for the offer of seed starting supplies for it, but I think I'm good. I sent off for a package of 50 starter media plugs, extra cages and covers, and some more of the liquid nutes. That should do me for a few years at least. :) Thanks also for finding those Giant Yellow CARDI Scorpion seeds. I'm really looking forward to them this year!
Your welcome Rick.

Yeah they really work great for jump starting those late bloomers. I was going to make a bigger scale one this year. Don't get around to it those. I wanted something with 20-40 cells. Maybe next year.

Let me know if something catches your eye. I've got lots of crazy crosses this year. I'm going to plant two plants per hole. I think that's how Stefan does it. Betters me odds of something making it through extremes I put them in. They must see me as some sort of masochist. Poor plants.

Chuck

I'm growing 'Giant TS CARDI' from THSC this year too, will be interested to see if they really are a variation on 'regular' TS CARDI, which in my experience has potential to grow big pods anyway...

Will be following your grow, Aerogarden looks cool, all the best for 2017!

OCD Chilehead said:
Your welcome Rick.

Yeah they really work great for jump starting those late bloomers. I was going to make a bigger scale one this year. Don't get around to it those. I wanted something with 20-40 cells. Maybe next year.

Let me know if something catches your eye. I've got lots of crazy crosses this year. I'm going to plant two plants per hole. I think that's how Stefan does it. Betters me odds of something making it through extremes I put them in. They must see me as some sort of masochist. Poor plants.

Chuck

Heh... I'd think your plants see you as more of a mad scientist, eh? ;)  I think DeNNiZ did something similar by putting an air-stone in a plastic picnic cooler and replacing the lid with a sheet of dense styrofoam that had the right diameter holes cut in it. I don't remember how it came out for him in the end though.

Trident chilli said:
Glad to hear your well Rick and chilli rested over the festive period .... your Gochu and MoA are germinating as we speak and I am sure they would benefit from being in your new toy ... very smart

All the very best for this season

Cheers John! Glad to hear you're giving the MoA and Gochus a try and hope they do well for you. :party: Good luck with this year's grow!

Datil said:
Glad to jump on your glog once again Rick :)
Did you ever received my seeds???
The aerogarden looks good.

Happy 2017 season!

Fabrizio

Cheers Fabrizzio! I haven't gotten your seeds yet but I'm not worried about it. Everybody knows that the Postal system moves slowly most times, and around the holidays even more so. Good luck in 2017!
dennish said:
I'm growing 'Giant TS CARDI' from THSC this year too, will be interested to see if they really are a variation on 'regular' TS CARDI, which in my experience has potential to grow big pods anyway...

Will be following your grow, Aerogarden looks cool, all the best for 2017!

Hi Dennis, and welcome to the zoo! :)  Good luck with 2017!

stickman said:

Cheers Frank! Not much to see yet, but here's the pics of the Aerogarden with the seeds planted.

attachicon.gif
0116172043a.jpg
attachicon.gif
0116172043b.jpg
attachicon.gif
0116172043c.jpg

I put in some Aji Oro Pubes from Comptine and Green Chile Monster, Giant Yellow CARDI Scorpions from Hippy Seed Company, Piment Cabri from Baekseju, Forbing Nagas from Windchicken and some of RandyP's weapons-grade "Not" Chocolate Scorpions. Cheers!
Hi Rick welcome back I see you have went to the darkside ;) 

Hey Rick!

Glad to see you're back! It just wouldn't be the same here if you weren't ;) 

I have plenty of Gochu's planted, the seeds I saved from your pods had an amazing germ rate :dance:

Good luck this season! And may the warmth be with you,

Scott

Devv said:
Hey Rick!

Glad to see you're back! It just wouldn't be the same here if you weren't ;)

I have plenty of Gochu's planted, the seeds I saved from your pods had an amazing germ rate :dance:

Good luck this season! And may the warmth be with you,

Scott

Cheers Scott! Glad to hear the Gochus are doing so well for you. They're certainly vigorous growers if they get enough water. I'm hoping they'll produce for you even during the heat of summer, and will be following along to see how it goes with them.

I'll take any warmth you can spare... it's 32 degrees out right now, and a mix of sleet and snow falling. The roads are slippery as $*@#!

stickman said:

Cheers Scott! Glad to hear the Gochus are doing so well for you. They're certainly vigorous growers if they get enough water. I'm hoping they'll produce for you even during the heat of summer, and will be following along to see how it goes with them.

I'll take any warmth you can spare... it's 32 degrees out right now, and a mix of sleet and snow falling. The roads are slippery as $*@#!

But one has to think back when those slippery as $*@#! roads were fun to drive on. I still remember the Saturday my license showed up in the mail in '74, snow on the ground and what fun we had ;)

Be careful, cuz back then I wasn't!

Devv said:

But one has to think back when those slippery as $*@#! roads were fun to drive on. I still remember the Saturday my license showed up in the mail in '74, snow on the ground and what fun we had ;)

Be careful, cuz back then I wasn't!

Heh... maybe in a mid-sized or bigger car of that era with good snow tires, but not in my "Rice-burner" Toyota Tacoma pickup with all-season radials... heck, I have to put at least 150 pounds of sand in the back to get any traction at all in weather like this. We live at the top of a steep-sided bluff, and that last half-mile climb is the toughest part of the commute home.

Back