• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Stole Log Chief's PVC Idea!

So like I mentioned about "Borrowing" your PVC idea Log Chief.... Here are the results. I used 1/2" inside diameter PVC. Total cost = $12! not too shaby (already had the lights) ... top sags a little but not too bad. Pics make it look worse than it really is. I couldn't find the 3-way 90 Degree elbows for the top corners so I had to drill holes and put screws through the top pieces to keep it from wanting to fall over. but the bottom section is still not fastened so it can easily be removed and stored in only three separate pieces.

Final measurements are 52" long x 26" High x 33" Wide and it holds four sets of 48" Floro's. The measurements are written on each piece in inches if anybody wants to copy this...

(sorry for the fuzzy pics, my Fiancee's brother borrowed our digital camera for the day so these are from my Droid)

You can see the old stand in the background, the new one is much better...
IMG_20110123_230650.jpg

3&1/4" - 6&1/2" - 3&1/4" - 3&1/4" - 6&1/2" - 3&1/4" ....
IMG_20110123_230724.jpg

50" center pieces...
IMG_20110123_230817.jpg

The bottom horizontal pieces are 15&1/4" and the vertical pieces are 24"...
IMG_20110123_230836.jpg

Here are a few more with it on the table and the lights hung...

IMG_20110123_233242.jpg

No dirt yet... but Soon, around middle of February...
IMG_20110123_233253.jpg

I didn't hang the space blankets back up yet but I do normally use those on the sides as well...
IMG_20110123_233324.jpg

Lights are spaced perfectly with about a half an inch between them and about 1.5 inches between the middle two lights
IMG_20110123_233426.jpg

nice lamp setup. if you ever have to rebuild it, you can find 3way elbows and 4 way pvc pieces here.
http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/pvc.shtml
im going to be ordering about 50 pieces myself.

nice lamp setup. if you ever have to rebuild it, you can find 3way elbows and 4 way pvc pieces here.
http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/pvc.shtml
im going to be ordering about 50 pieces myself.

Thanks for the tip!... the slip T's would have been nice also so I wouldn't have had to measure a million times and cut all the individual top sections.

Looks good U, glad the idea worked out for you. If you put some screw down clamps to the plywood it will be steadier.

Wow, that's a nice set up you got going there! :D What kind lights are those, like watts and how many bulbs it got?

They are twin tube fixtures, eight 48" 40 Watt bulbs total. Not sure the ratings on them I don't see any it just says "Kitchen" They are also on a timer so all I have to do is remember to water the trays.

I can fit 4 trays easily under them for a total of 288 plants which I do start all those but give away most. This year I will only keep about 30 I think...

wow, sounds pretty bad ass :D hmm maybe I too should "borrow" the idea, but I'll just stick with my shelves ;) as for the lights I need to get those kind or maybe just orde some led panels, either one I guess

Looks good. Now all you need is a small fan on a timer set to run for 10 minutes or so twice a day. Gets them to thicken up from the start. I finally got one in my setup and am already seeing results. I love the set it and forget it aspect and would completely if I didn't have to water them ;)

Looks good. Now all you need is a small fan on a timer set to run for 10 minutes or so twice a day. Gets them to thicken up from the start. I finally got one in my setup and am already seeing results. I love the set it and forget it aspect and would completely if I didn't have to water them ;)

Yeah, I love having the lights on a timer. I keep the lights only about an 2 inches above the plants so they get nice an thick since they don't have to "reach" for the lights. Usually by the time they reach 5 inches in height they are about a quarter inch in diameter.

Back