• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Store bought jalapenos are nasty!

HotPeppas

Banned
After eating my garden fresh ones these jumpo long varietys you find at your local chain some hybrid jalap there just freakin nasty

What's the surprise? Anything you grow is better. Usually.

I wouldn't say nasty though. Part of what makes it better is the sense of accomplishment.

accomplishment is one part, for me at least. The other is just watching them grow day by day. If only electricity was more econmical friendly on the bank account i would have a whole room dedicated for hydropgarden setups.

Yeah, gotta agree with THP. In the middle of the winter when all your fresh jalapeno pods have long been in and out of your gut, and all you can get are store-bought pods, "nasty" isn't the word you will likely use to describe them.... ;)

Yeah, gotta agree with THP. In the middle of the winter when all your fresh jalapeno pods have long been in and out of your gut, and all you can get are store-bought pods, "nasty" isn't the word you will likely use to describe them.... ;)

All i know is habs are gross to me. ive called them all nasty lol jals from the store re just planty since they were green

More often than not, the jalapenos at our grocery store (Wegman's) aren't all that appealing. They don't even look good usually. But the last ones we picked up there were on point and surprisingly hot.

Back