seeds storing pepper seeds question

ok so I have two questions.

1. Someone a while back posted a link that I cant find to a study from a website i believe that specialized in seed saving, and it explained and tested the different method of saving seeds and how it effected the seeds viability. Does anyone remember this and can link me to it again?

2. I have a good amount of seeds that i have accumulated that are in plastic zip lock bags (the small bags) stored in a drawer. Are these zip lock bags ok for long term storage? they have no holes in the bags

Pepper seeds stay good for years if stored properly. I store mine in paper envelopes inside a airtight container with a couple of those little "do not eat" moisture absorber packs in it. I put it in the back of refrigerator and when I need some seeds I take them out and put them on the counter overnight to come back to room temperture. I've never stored in plastic bags so someone else will need to Awnser that question.

I store mine in the small plastic jewelry bags from walmart and keep them in a shoebox in the closet, haven't had problems

I know one reputable vendor who uses a wine fridge to keep his seeds viable for longer. I think the biggest thing to remember is fresh is best and light, moisture and fluctuating temperatures (especially getting too hot) are things to avoid.
Keep things cooler, dryer and darker and in stasis ... Regardless of what you store them in

silva83tj said:
I store mine in the small plastic jewelry bags from walmart and keep them in a shoebox in the closet, haven't had problems
what cant a shoebox in a closet do right.. lol

Back