• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

storm damage

I have a few plants that seem to have suffered from a storm last night. Semm slightly wilted and bent over about half way up the stem. Will they recover and straighten up? Should I stake them to help them along? The stems are not broken at all, just bent. Didn't have time to get pics this morning but will this afternoon if needed.
Thanks in advance
Vince

If they are just "leaning", I think they'd be okay. If the cell walls are damaged (bent) but not broken, it could be a different story. definitely need pics for this. after a heavy rainfall, mine droop too as if over watered.

Plants will perk up....it also happens during the heat of the day. We're expecting temps in the 90's for the next week. My plants usually appear to be willowed out until the early evening shade sets in. The key is to look at the plants early in the morning. If the leaves  are striving up for light that's a good sign.

I went back to check them out this afternoon and was able to shake some of the water which perked them up some.  But unfortunately my fatalii, which was my best looking plant, snapped off about 3/4 of the way up the plant (including all the buds).  I took the top and snipped most of the leaves off of it and put it in a glass of water hoping that it will grow some roots.  Will the plant itself be ok with the top of the plant snapped off like that?  Is that essentially topping the plant?

Back