misc straining pepper sauce?

What is the best kind if filter or screen to use to filter the pulp after I’ve blended and pushed it thru a colander? The sauce is ok but it still had bits of seed and skin that were small enough to go thru the colander. :D

Hey Dave,
I've used one of those cone shaped sieves(sp?) used for making spagetti sauce from fresh tomatoes. It has smaller holes than a colander. Or deseed first or run it through a blender.
FM
PS I do like thick and chunky sauce, but seeds bite.

Don't listen to Defcon, unless you have a lab with beakers and bio-hazard protection,LOL.
Just kidding DC. I can't wait to try your #2 via Kato productions(my one stop shop)to review, a must try say Mick.
Great job on the scovie.
Marv
PS really looking forward to try Katos down south sauce, I haven't had a sauce they make or recommend that wasn't up above the best.

You leave my beakers out of this!!! :D

As for the biosuit, I don't leave home without it.

As for the #2, enjoy. Quick tip, it tastes A LOT better when heated up a little bit (wings), but don't boil it, you'll kill my little single-celled minions whose sole purpose is to proliferate our products globally through the synaptical-indoctrination process of mind control. :shock:

DC,
I like wings raw, then shooter the sauce. Tyvek is OK for summer, but Kimberly Clark is a heavier winter protector.
You remind me of the good ol' days at Nothern States Power
and the PCB clean ups.
Seriously though, I cook wings and shake them in a bowl with sauce for hot ones.
Like I said highly recomended from the most heat eating person I know.
Anon

fatalliman said:
Don't listen to Defcon, unless you have a lab with beakers and bio-hazard protection,LOL.

Actually I work in a clinical laboratory so I do have access to lab equipment and biohazard gear.

thanks for the help.

Fatalli,
The bowl shake is good, as it just coats the wing. Strange thing is, many people think the wings have to be 'swimming' in the sauce. All they do is get goopy. The way we do it is in a turkey fryer, and have a roasting pan on sterno (or a hot plate) at a VERY low simmer, and just pour them into about 1/2 inch of sauce. As I tell people, coat the wings like you dress a salad, no more.

As for the Kimberly Clark, I have a hard time buying a biosuit from a company that makes industrial toilet paper holders :D , but personal preference would be a nice think tri-lam layer under a Kappler suit. It would keep you warm in the North Pole, ditch the tri-lam in the summer, and bask in the sun in the Caymans. Nice and all-purpose, albeit a few strange looks on the beach.

Back