• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

strange crystals on underside of leaf

on my jalokia plant, there are these tiny crystals on the undersides of about 5 leaves.
when I try, they are very easy to scrape off and almost seem to become liquid when I scrape them. Can anyone enlighten me as to what they are?
the plant is indoors under a 600watt hps. it is in a humidity tent with 55% RH and i open it 1-2 times a day for air circulation, although its nowhere near sealed. i water the plant when the soil is dry near the bottom, before it starts to wilt. I have only fertilized it once aside from a shot of calmag here and there. it currently has around 8 pods on it.

On some plants the presence of crystals is a positive thing.
Well if it is edema, you need to go easy on watering.

thanks, for some reason i didnt see the other thread when searching crystal. appreciate the help.

On some plants the presence of crystals is a positive thing.
Well if it is edema, you need to go easy on watering.

I will mail you a few of these leaves, you smoke them and report back :)

I will mail you a few of these leaves, you smoke them and report back :)
I like the way you're thinking, but as a member on here once said, chile plants aren't a good smoke.
Other users are using dried chile stems in actual food smoking. they reported good results.

I like the way you're thinking, but as a member on here once said, chile plants aren't a good smoke.
Other users are using dried chile stems in actual food smoking. they reported good results.

Interesting...might have to try that. The little pod stems or the trunks? I know wood from most fruit bearing trees is good.

Back