Strange Growth Pattern

Greetings, I've been picking up a lot of info from this forum for a while now. This is my first post so greetings to all. I started seedlings much too soon (Sept 2015) and they've been outside until the 1st of the year when I brought them all indoors and set them under some grow lights.  A couple weeks later the growth has been impressive under the lights and weekly fertigation with Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro. I did notice that the newer growth is massive and the old growth hasn't changed much from where it left off on Dec 29th. This has resulted in some strange geometry and I'm concerned that the small plants may become top heavy. My question is; is this normal? Is there anything that can be done to ensure the plants don't fall over? I tried attaching a photo below.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/rmedina/6jsnS6

cruzzfish said:
They'll branch out eventually. Cut the top off it if starts being needed.
Ok thanks for the input, I thought about doing that but was afraid of damaging the plant...

it looks very healthy, good job! don't worry about how it looks, looks like new branches are forming at the nodes.

If your getting wind or have a fan blowing on your plants. They will not fall over. Wind causes branches to be strong. No wind ever, plants will fall or not hold weight.

Btw, your plants look healthy!

Back