• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Strange pods on my Nagas

I've noticed that on all of my 6 Nagas there is at least one strange pod that immediately after forming turns red and stays small - about 2 cm in total.

DSC01836.JPG

This pod ( about 5cm/ 2inch ) turns to red literaly over a night.
Is it normal ?

DSC01838.JPG

First one is obviously some mutant but what should I do with second one - remove both or not ?

They're ripe so why not remove them? Its common to get mutants or small pods early on, they may have little heat or sometimes extra heat

Agreed with the above. I've been picking ripening runt pods off of an orange hab recently. They're the first to ripen, and all the ones I've eaten have had 1 or 2 seeds inside. They've been HOT for their size though!

As has been said already, Don't worry as this is perfectly normal early on in the season. The plant is putting so much effort into getting itself ready to produce hundreds of pods so at this stage with the weather still a little unstable and the plant focusing on growing stronger and taller, the pods you get now are bound to be smaller than normal.

Remove and enjoy..:)

moyboy said:
As has been said already, Don't worry as this is perfectly normal early on in the season. The plant is putting so much effort into getting itself ready to produce hundreds of pods so at this stage with the weather still a little unstable and the plant focusing on growing stronger and taller, the pods you get now are bound to be smaller than normal.

Remove and enjoy..:)

True, in a past six week we have rain almost every day :rolleyes:
I've removed them and both doesn't have any taste or heat.

Thank you !

Back