Strange sprouts.

Post your strange sprouts here. Do not post here to ask what they are as that belongs in Pepper ID, as if you could id a sprout anyway..This is just to show anything that looks strange or different from your common everyday pepper sprout.

PARADISCUM ALAKU SARGA SZENTES PEPPER

20150308_210052.jpg

CGN 22792

20150308_210300.jpg

CAPCOM said:
Looks like carbon from an aquarium filter.

Or were you asking about mine? If so, they are root riots.

Very close, its spent activated carbon from one of our RO systems.  I've found it to work awesome to germ in and grow out in the hydro.  Will get some oddity pics tomorrow to post.  I like this topic idea.

The disapointing aspect though is no way to rotate pic at forum level. and that seems to be where it gets rotated in the first place.

Hey BOSS, anything you can do about rotating images after posting?

Tricots have 3 leaves in each set of leaves. They tend to grow a little slower because of it. I have a couple of tricot plants growing now. They are a little behind the others, but they look good and fuller. I'll post a pic later.

Thanks, Ozzy. Another one from the same package is a dicot, so are they classified as tricots or dicots, or is that variable? New at this. I have three more hooking. Will be intresting to see how many cotyledons they show up with.

ShortcutToHell said:
One of my Galapagoenses has three cotys. Anyone have experience with 3 coty peppers? Wonder if it's likely to be out of the ordinary in some way when it grows up. 

It's not real common but I got 2 out of 200 starts. kinda like a 5 leaf clover.

ShortcutToHell said:
One of my Galapagoenses has three cotys. Anyone have experience with 3 coty peppers? Wonder if it's likely to be out of the ordinary in some way when it grows up. 

Iv got several 3 coty plants, and a 4 coty plant as well.
One of my 3 coty plants is growing weird, and the other is normal. So a 3 coty plant is not guaranteed to grow weird.
The 4 coty is weird

Same here, I have gotten 2 triple cotyl's from 30 seeds. I think  one was a Butch T or T.M. Scorpion. Either way, I thought it was cool too. - no abnormal growth patterns.

I have "other" plants doing the same thing, three leaves from one node. It is making for an very interesting col@ - turned into a kind of horn looking thing!

My weirdest so far.  Don't know how uncommon this is.  It didnt actually grow 3 cotys like the above did.  It grew like 2 1/2...  Those 2 leaves closest to you are actually one leaf, not 2 stacked on top of each other.

Standard Red Bhut
Bhut_Jolokia_2_22.jpg

I have 3 triples atm.. I have a conjoined one last season, nothing else was wired about the plant except it didn't grow very well, could of been unrelated
Ozzy2001 said:
image.jpg
Both Reapers. Left I'd dicot, right is tricot. 2/5 reapers I have are tricot. From what I've read it's pretty common in reapers.
One of mine is a Reaper cross , another is Reaper pure.. the third is a Black Scorpion Tongue.. Reapers do seem to be commonly Tricot

Scuba I had a poblanao seedling that actually had conjoined leaves on one side and none on the other. I'll have to take a pic of that as well.

The last three years, I've had at least one Butch T with the "forked" leaf or one that had three branches from a node instead of two and two of three fused.

Here's the weird poblano seedling I have.
image.jpg

What's strange is how the cotys came out conjoined on 1 side and now the true leaves look to be coming out other side.

Back