• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Strawberry plants, anyone grow them?

HotPeppas

Banned
So i have some strawberry plants and a few of them are drooping

i dont know if its from our 80-90 degree weather or something else. I water them every other day. not positive but i believe the soil is not holding enough moisture for them or the temps are just to hot

Some Mulch or just keep watering them and there leaves will get big and eventually cover the ground, If not Use Straw that is what people back in the day used and perhaps that is why its named Strawberries

my wife grows them,and i havent seen one stawberry yet? but yes it is your temp,strawberry is out of season unless you fooling them with various hydro,indoor,regulated green house,ect. but ya if these are your temps know u wont be growing them.

i grow my strawberries here in south spain, under a lemon tree. they like it :) im on the first year with them... we have up to 100f temps. im sure the shade helps them keep producing..

I grow strawberries! And the deer really appreciate it! hahaha

When our temps start to climb that high, I start watering them at night. If I water early in the day, it's almost like the leaves get steamed from the moist heat around noon. And mulch really helps! :)

I am growing them as well, have quite a few of these long planters with strawberries, right next to it is a kiddie pool with strawberries, loading up for the 2nd time this season. Even with the heat they are still producing and I have them in full sun, I think strawberries like a heavier soil. And they LOVE water.
IMG_3543.jpg

I am growing them as well, have quite a few of these long planters with strawberries, right next to it is a kiddie pool with strawberries, loading up for the 2nd time this season. Even with the heat they are still producing and I have them in full sun, I think strawberries like a heavier soil. And they LOVE water.
IMG_3543.jpg
Yea I noticed my strawberries were not making any progress on the fluffy potting soil then when i put them on the clay soil they just burst with new leaves runners and strawberries at the moment they all stoped producing strawberries but all have lots of runners

Back