• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Struggling to get Peter Pepper happening

Hi All,

I have made several attempts at getting my Peter Pepper seeds going, but have had nil result. Is there something special i need to do to the seeds, every other variety i have tried i have got to germinate.

I soak the seeds over night then seeds go into either jiffy pellets or quality potting mix then into my little hot-house and onto the heat mat.

Any help would be much appreciated

Hellbilly \m/

How long have you waited after sticking them in the Hot House?
I've had some seeds(Not Peter peppers) that refused to sprout for over 3 months, then one day up they come all happy.

They've been in about 6 weeks, i'm happy to leave em going, just that every other one is out in around 10 day's. Just wondering if this variety does take longer.

Thanks

\m/

yeah, I'd just sit tight and give them a little more time. Maybe carefully look at a few of them to make sure they are not Moldy and dead.

How long have you waited after sticking them in the Hot House?
I've had some seeds(Not Peter peppers) that refused to sprout for over 3 months, then one day up they come all happy.
I had a Choc Bhut do that to me last season... sat there and sat there and sat there... have no idea why I kept watering him but come Autumn, would you believe it, the damn little bugger popped up!

You're a very patient man Gas. At least it'll have a good start for this year.
Unfortunately he is no longer with us. :(

Managed to keep the little fella going for a few weeks but accidentally forget about him (after all that!). Came back about a week later and... and he was... he was gone. Nothing could be done to revive him... :tear:

If its been 6 weeks, I would have given up long ago. If you really want seeds make a post asking for them. I think lots of people have seeds, but most around here find the peters very dissapointing in flavor and appearance.

Aussie, I dont remember how long it took my Peter Peppers to sprout, but it was a long time. I planted 10 seeds and got 2 plants out of the lot. I can send you some fresh seeds if you like, my plants are ripening now, have 3 red peters hanging in the breeze.

Side note... They are a very productive plant, but seem to take forever to ripen to red, they stay green for a long time, then turn to a greenish/brown color and then in a day or two they go to a beautiful rich red color.

Thanks for the info and humour guy's, i have got some new seeds on the way, & will see if i can get my peter pepper's to show themselves and produce lovely erect plants. :)

Back