• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Stunted plants, small leaves and no pods

Weird, this is only happening on my Bhut Jolokia, Naga Morich and Fatali. They are green, but have very small leaves, hardly any growth and no pods. All my other chillies have huge growth, some have shot up to chest hieght. So whats the go with these. Any help would be welcome.

2011-03-21064538.jpg

2011-03-21064525.jpg

2011-03-21064511.jpg

2011-03-21064449.jpg

2011-03-21064435.jpg

have you check if the place where you have planted you bhuts are not water logged???wet feet syndrome...! save your plant if they are water logged.!
the wrinkle leaves that i see there looks like a calcium deficiency
water logged also can cause variety of problems as it effects the roots and it might not be able to absorb the nutes..

could be wrong but stunted growth tends to point towards lack of potassium(K or potash) and not necessarily no potassium just the type of bacteria needed to deliver the potassium to the roots, try digging in some banana peels to see if that helps. are those crushed egg shell along the base of the plant? if yes, good job in trying to deliver the needed calcium.

i dunno, wet feet likely;
is drainage impaired?

also looks like some sucking insect (scale type?)
might have caused some leaf drop also

spray with some bug killing juice and aerate

let us know if a core sample shows wet
or it is possible to be rootbound

try drilling some 10 mm holes down into that
media about 15 cm deep spaced at about 10 cm on centers :eek:

Did you just water those plants? The yellowing of the leaves looks to be a calcium deficiency and over watering. What kind of sun do they get normally?

Did you just water those plants? The yellowing of the leaves looks to be a calcium deficiency and over watering. What kind of sun do they get normally?
There has been alot of rain - its been the rainiest season since 1974. But there is heaps of sun for them. The colour of the top soil is dark because its the type of mulch it is. Makes it look wet even when it isnt. I'm not dismissing water issues thouogh for reason stated.

Ive used calcium (added some lime), but only just recently.

Back