• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sucks being a newbie sometimes.

I see a few peppers I'd love to have a go at growing, yet I have nothing but a few seeds from the plants I have grown from store bought peppers (habanero, jalapeno, cherry, hungarian wax).

Just venting, not trying to con seeds or anything, I'm prolly gonna take the chance of ordering some from a company.

Anyone have any suggestions for a company that knows a chocolate hab from a cayenne? (I only ask that because I bought a baby plant that was supposed to be habanero and turned out to be the aforementioned hungarian wax)

Skydiver said:
I see a few peppers I'd love to have a go at growing, yet I have nothing but a few seeds from the plants I have grown from store bought peppers (habanero, jalapeno, cherry, hungarian wax).

Just venting, not trying to con seeds or anything, I'm prolly gonna take the chance of ordering some from a company.

Anyone have any suggestions for a company that knows a chocolate hab from a cayenne? (I only ask that because I bought a baby plant that was supposed to be habanero and turned out to be the aforementioned hungarian wax)

For some of the more offbeat pepper seeds, try some of the fine folks on here.
For the more basic stuff, you could use online places like Seeds of Change or even go to the University of New Mexico's Chili Pepper institute online catalog.

Sickmont said:
For some of the more offbeat pepper seeds, try some of the fine folks on here.
For the more basic stuff, you could use online places like Seeds of Change or even go to the University of New Mexico's Chili Pepper institute online catalog.

University, you say? sounds like exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

Thanks, guys.

Hey Skydiver,
My wife’s co-workers ( 3 ladies) are going on a trip to India/Thailand/China, leaving this weekend. I am giving each of them a few envelopes with instructions to fill and mail them with the hottest peppers they can find along the way. Of course they will be looking for the Morich Nagga as well. If they can pull this off, my hope is to have a variety of hot seeds from the different regions. If you are interested, I would be happy to send you some.

imaguitargod said:
DO NOT GO WITH REIMERS!

whats wrong with them?

i bought 4 packs of seeds from them a few months ago.

planning on buying 12 plants from chileplants.com though, as it seems to be a little easier to just buy a plant instead of the seed, etc.

ross said:
whats wrong with them?
In short, hey are shit.

In long, they don't know their ass from their elbow. They say they give you seeds for this plant, yet they are seeds for THAT plant. They don't answer emails, they don't have any customer service, they sell seeds that are COMPLETELY mis-labeled.. THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH! DO NOT GO WITH REIMERS, and if you have, you have my sympothy.

imaguitargod said:
In short, hey are shit.

In long, they don't know their ass from their elbow. They say they give you seeds for this plant, yet they are seeds for THAT plant. They don't answer emails, they don't have any customer service, they sell seeds that are COMPLETELY mis-labeled.. THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH! DO NOT GO WITH REIMERS, and if you have, you have my sympothy.

thanks for ruining all hope i may have

ross said:
check your mail

Just did. I received an email regarding weight loss.....I'm 6 foot+ at 136 lbs.....don't need weight loss...

Oh! you ment check my PM on the Hot Pepper Forums...ya, I got that......check yours. :)

imaguitargod said:
Just did. I received an email regarding weight loss.....I'm 6 foot+ at 136 lbs.....don't need weight loss...

Oh! you ment check my PM on the Hot Pepper Forums...ya, I got that......check yours. :)

wow cool! i just got one about how to extend my member by 4 inches in only 3 weeks! science nowadays huh..

ross said:
whats wrong with them?

i bought 4 packs of seeds from them a few months ago.

planning on buying 12 plants from chileplants.com though, as it seems to be a little easier to just buy a plant instead of the seed, etc.

I've listed my problems with Reimers before but here's one more for the collection. One of my Rocoto plants peppers are orange instead of red and it is a real runt. Not a bad pepper but not what I ordered and invested my time in growing.

POTAWIE said:
I've listed my problems with Reimers before but here's one more for the collection. One of my Rocoto plants peppers are orange instead of red and it is a real runt. Not a bad pepper but not what I ordered and invested my time in growing.

:) im pissed now.

Back