• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Sugar nutes ...

Hi,

Went visiting a hydroponic store today I found this product...

It's based on maple syrup.

SugarShack delivers a unique combination of plant-accessible carbohydrates derived from maple syrup along with vital elements to meet specific metabolic demands of plants throughout their development from seedlings to final flower and fruit production.[/size]

SugarShack promotes strong plant structures and root development, and works to enhance the overall size, quality and flavour of final harvests.[/size]

Sugar Shack is compatible for use with all Optimum Hydroponix® products ( and other nutrient brands ) whether growing in coco, soil or any hydroponic growing medium.[/size]

GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS

Soluble Potash (K2O) 1.5%

Magnesium (Mg) 0.5%

Sulfur (S) 1.3%

maple.png

Never heard of using maple sugar for plants...marketing gimmick or real deal?

Cannot find any useful information about maple syrup nutes... any advantage on pepper let alone anything else beside cannabis?

Thanks!

JUR-Z-Devil said:
a drop of molasses in your water and your fine...

this is a gimmick to sell stoners that like big shiny cartoony pictures...

Expensive AF... 300$ for 20L wow!

Hybrid_Mode_01 said:

Jesus Christ. Who the hell buys this stuff? How stoned do people get?!     
     I don't mean to insult you for asking at all, Couz. But god damn, people are stupid. That or they hate money.

cant get around the fact that some peoples entire life is given a value by how much they spend on stuff and the more it costs the better it is... there is no other excuse for shit like kanye west and kim kardasian..nothing about them or their products is any better than anything you can buy at target for 9.99 yet the charge a fortune (100+ for a what basically boils down to a ripped hanes tshirt) so people with no self value pay it to say they paid it... people like that do the same in every aspect of their lives... im all about the best but i put the value in the functionality or quality of the product... sadly 90+% of people put the value in the cost...

JUR-Z-Devil said:

cant get around the fact that some peoples entire life is given a value by how much they spend on stuff and the more it costs the better it is... there is no other excuse for shit like kanye west and kim kardasian..nothing about them or their products is any better than anything you can buy at target for 9.99 yet the charge a fortune (100+ for a what basically boils down to a ripped hanes tshirt) so people with no self value pay it to say they paid it... people like that do the same in every aspect of their lives... im all about the best but i put the value in the functionality or quality of the product... sadly 90+% of people put the value in the cost...

Maybe not 90% in reality. They just sound like they make up 90% because they market themselves so aggressively.
     "Damn, dude. Shut up about how much your shit costs. No one (that matters) cares!"

Hybrid_Mode_01 said:

Maybe not 90% in reality. They just sound like they make up 90% because they market themselves so aggressively.
     "Damn, dude. Shut up about how much your shit costs. No one (that matters) cares!"

yup... have a brother like that... first description of what he has is always the price and everytime you hear it the price goes up a little... I was never that way... I wore 20 dollar bin sneakers and sweatpants while he walked around in 4-500 worth of outfit and shoes... people thought i was neglected or abused... no, i just know who the fuck i am and i am not micheal jordan so why the fuck would i wear his name tag?

Just to add ...

promotes strong plant structures and root development, and works to enhance the overall size, quality and flavour of final harvests.

Almost all nutes bottle say the same things...promote root growth...strong plants blablabla

Of course I will never buy that kind of product but I've seen on the shelves many in stock...must be very popular around here.

When you are beginner you follow the marketing pitches on a product ... I always check reviews / recommendation on garden forum before buying any specific nutes.

As JRZ said using a lil molasses to boost carbs is a oldschool canna growing technique, and much cheaper than that crap. Personally I found bud grown with molasses to be more harsh IMO, to each his own. As far as peppers? No Idea, but if you are curious just use molasses. You can find dilution rates on the canna sites.

ELCouz said:
Just to add ...

promotes strong plant structures and root development, and works to enhance the overall size, quality and flavour of final harvests.

Almost all nutes bottle say the same things...promote root growth...strong plants blablabla

Of course I will never buy that kind of product but I've seen on the shelves many in stock...must be very popular around here.

When you are beginner you follow the marketing pitches on a product ... I always check reviews / recommendation on garden forum before buying any specific nutes.

Some people start a hobby and read books or ask a community what works. Other people start a hobby and read labels or ask a salesman. This product smacks of being targeted at the latter.

hogleg said:
As JRZ said using a lil molasses to boost carbs is a oldschool canna growing technique, and much cheaper than that crap. Personally I found bud grown with molasses to be more harsh IMO, to each his own. As far as peppers? No Idea, but if you are curious just use molasses. You can find dilution rates on the canna sites.

thats very true on the bud... dont think that will be a problem with peppers though unless he consumes them all wrong... lol... as for the buds, i started vaping years ago so nothing is harsh anymore...

I've been using molasses to add trace nutes to seedlings for years with good effect. The carbs are also good for encouraging the soil biology as long as it isn't used to excess... Molasses in higher concentrations is also used as organic weed killer.

You can use any simple sugar as a carbohydrate source to feed microbes...  Molasses is OK, as it adds trace elements and calcium - but it also has some unwanted macros.
Yes, the product is marketing BS, but it will work.  Just at a premium price.  Buy granulated sugar, make a syrup, and do the same thing.

So the carbohydrate only benefit in soil medium (help microorganisms)

No use in hydro setup?

Just curious... why sell it in hydro shop?

ELCouz said:
So the carbohydrate only benefit in soil medium (help microorganisms)

No use in hydro setup?

Just curious... why sell it in hydro shop?

Because drain-to-waste (DTW) is considered passive hydro, amongst other reasons.
You can buy Pro-Mix at my local hydro shop.  It's got a broad customer base.

solid7 said:

Because drain-to-waste (DTW) is considered passive hydro, amongst other reasons.
You can buy Pro-Mix at my local hydro shop.  It's got a broad customer base.

Ah.. thanks!

I was thinking recirculating setup...

Back