• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Summer Harvest Pics

It's been a while but lots of stuff going on. This summer couldn't be treating me better. Some harvests today:

Mustard Hab
MustardHabHarvestJuly172010.jpg

Scorpion
ScorpionJuly212010.jpg

Tasmanian Hab
TasHabJuly212010.jpg

Aji Limon
AjiLimonJuly212010.jpg

the harvest for today:
HarvestJuly212010-1.jpg

Red 7's starting up. Not a large plant, but tonnes of pods.
Red7PotJuly212010.jpg

Tas Hab Plant:
TasmaniamhabplantJuly212010.jpg

First Bhuts ripening
BhutJolokiaJuly212010.jpg

One of my fave plants...scorpion with lots of pods:
ScorpionPlantJuly212010-1.jpg

Madballz 7. Almost 5 feet tall now and hundreds of the hottest pods I've ever tried on it.
Madballz7July212010.jpg

Caribbean Red....Less than 2 feet tall, about 4 feet wide.
CaribbeanRedJuly212010.jpg

A really nice plant with a great tasting pepper. Aji Limon:
AjiLimonPlantJuly212010.jpg

Dude the pics are outstanding. Madballz 7, scorps are beautiful and i cant get over how many bhuts are growing off of that one stem. Wow!
Crazy. The mustard's are really cool. Cant wait for mine to ripen. :dance:

Wow, they all look great. I love the color on the mustard hab. I'm waiting to see how mine turn out this season.

What is the Madballz7? :)

Chris

thanks for the comments. gotta love fresh new homegrown pods!

great pictures!what do you think will be your most productive plant this season, sir?

most productive is probably the Madballz 7 since it's super large in a 9 gallon container. But for more regular sized plants, the Caribbean Red, Peach Hab, and Scorpions are really producing tonnes for me. We've had a really hot summer with lots of sun so the plants are really pulling through.

Wow, they all look great. I love the color on the mustard hab. I'm waiting to see how mine turn out this season. What is the Madballz7? :) Chris

The Madballz 7 is a rusty colored 7 pot that Madhatter passed along to me and it turned out to be quite unique and deadly hot. We thought it may be a choco bhut / 7 cross because originally I was expecting a choco bhut and the color seems to be a mix of brown and red but the heat it so intense it has to be a 7.

here's the original post with pics that I did the day after testing it with Madhatter:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/16480-rusty-7pot-choco-bhut-cross/page__p__352565__hl__rusty__fromsearch__1#entry352565

Amazing!!!! is the aji lemon pepper hot enough, whit what other will you compare the heat??

Not too hot. Heat wise I would say it's maybe in cayenne range, but unlike the cayenne it actually has flavor. Reminds me of grapefruit for some reason. That yellow pepper kind of citrusy taste. I'm probably going to get some fresh lemons and make a hot sauce out of them with few or no other ingredients just to get a sour citrus type thing going on to experiment with.

Is aji lemon the same as the "hot lemon" plants that Bonnie sells? I remember reading somewhere that it is, but can't seem to find much information on it.

Dried chiles + lemon juice makes a pretty tasty sauce, my Mexican friends like to mix crushed red pepper and lemon juice and use it as a sauce for fried food.

Beautiful harvest, those Mustard habs are outstanding. Your plants look fantastic and are overloaded with pods.

You're having a terrific grow this season. :)

Back