• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sun Sun Blotches

Wondering if anyone has some pics of blotches on thicker walled pepper like Sheppards etc. I'm thinking its a result of the sun as the green is gone and only a this whitish membrane remains. The feel is similar to the seed membrane on the interior. I can't load pics so hoping there are some out there to compare with..

Thanks..

Zappa, here is a link to my grow log. Scroll down to post number #47 there are 2 or 3 different sun scald pods.
Mike

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19845-capsidadburn-2011-grow/page__st__40

Certainly appears to be the same issue only yours are on a much smaller scale...So far it's only happening to my larger sized variety...

Do you toss them or keep them going ?

The inside of the pod is somewhat compromised. Seeds are affected by it and some discoloration. If I was desperate to taste a certain pod it would not bother me to cut around it. The bigger problem is avoiding the sun scald. Either move the plant to partial shade or screen shade. If the plant has enough canopy it might not be a problem. If your sun exposure or heat is limited to a few days or intermittent cooler then hot, I would not be that concerned. We are at 49 days at or over 100 F here. Those pods in my grow log set much earlier than the arrival of the heat. Nothing much setting currently until the heat breaks in mid September. October is the best harvest month for me.

Mike

Back