• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Sunburn on Leaves?

Had my peppers out the last 2 days in the sun and noticed these on some of the leaves, is this from being out in the sun to soon?

Thanks
dioNm3i.jpg

f2nzG0u.jpg

Canes1 said:
any remedy for this or will it work itself out. The weather isn't going to be that hot this week?

It's not the heat that does it, it's solar radiation. It will work itself out in its own way. Those leaves will eventually drop. In the mean time, just give them a few hours at a time of direct sunlight - increasing exposure a bit every few days.
     Full outdoor exposure is a lot harder on plants than indoor life. They need to be hardened off to sunlight, wind, changing humidity, pests... It takes some time for plants to toughen up and get used to it.

Hybrid_Mode_01 said:

It's not the heat that does it, it's solar radiation. It will work itself out in its own way. Those leaves will eventually drop. In the mean time, just give them a few hours at a time of direct sunlight - increasing exposure a bit every few days.
     Full outdoor exposure is a lot harder on plants than indoor life. They need to be hardened off to sunlight, wind, changing humidity, pests... It takes some time for plants to toughen up and get used to it.
It's going to be rainy/ sunny rest the week so it won't be that bad the rest of the week.

Last year I never had a problem and it was a lot sunny earlier. Live and learn, going to have to go easy on them next time.

Thanks for the help

Back