• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun sunburn?

exact same thing on my 7 pod burgandy all the pods that are on top of my plant and arent covered by leaves have that i dont know what it is but it dont seem like ripening because one of my peppers is ripening and it looks different

im pretty sure its not sunburn its what the plant does when it gets to much sun on the pods, like sunblock, that color is there to prevent sunburn or pod destruction, usually happens if you move the plant like turn it and all of a sudden its exposed to direct sunlight, so the plant goes into like safe mode and puts sunblock on those bad boys, the pods that form directly in sun shouldnt have it, now im not sure if that color stays when it changes to its ripen color or if its say red it goes all red.. got to wait and see

^^^ What he said.  My nagas got that purple on the ones in the sunlight after I moved them around on a sunny day.  It's OK.

The original pic looks like a normal variation of the mustard habanero.  Sunburn is usually black and even that goes away with ripening.
Nothing to worry about.

How about these guys?

This is my first year growing from seed. and these started out under two T12 bulbs. Once they got a little bigger I moved them to a south east facing windowsill.

I also noticed some white stuff growing atop the soil.

ACTION TEAM GO!

plants001_zps4a91b78a.jpg

SPICYMADNESS said:
How about these guys?

This is my first year growing from seed. and these started out under two T12 bulbs. Once they got a little bigger I moved them to a south east facing windowsill.

I also noticed some white stuff growing atop the soil.

ACTION TEAM GO!

plants001_zps4a91b78a.jpg

I replied to your other thread on this.

Back