food Super Hot Brownies?

ThrowHeat

eXtreme
For my big 3-2 on August 6th, my wife has agreed to hurt me by making me a super spicy b-day brownie. She just ordered a bottle of CaJohn's Trinidad Puree, which she will be using in the brownie mix. I will also be getting my hands on one or two fresh super hots to dice and throw in. We're aiming to make this one HOT, and I will make sure that I have plenty of ice cream on hand when I eat it.

But before this brownie can get made, I am curious what others have experienced when adding some heat to a traditional brownie recipe. How should I compensate for the added ingredients, to guarantee that the finished product is moist? Are there any tricks I should know about? We will only get one shot at this, so I am trying to make sure we get it right the first time around.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Has the Cajohns Trinidad Puree already some moist of itself? Do you use a lot of it? I won't compensate to much on other ingredients because you can lost that brownie taste. I tried this before and used the following ingredients and just added the pepper puree:

250 grams of butter
200 grams of dark chocolate
85 grams of chocolate powder
85 grams of flour
1 tablespoon of baking soda
350 grams of fine sugar
3 tablespoons of honey or maplesyrup
4 eggs
a little salt

Melt the chocolate, honey of maple syrup and butter au bain marie. Mix in another bowl the chocolate powder, the flour, the baking soda and some salt. Add the butter-chocolate mixture and the pepper sauce/puree/flakes and stirr. After that mixing the egg trough the dough. Bake at 180 degrees celsius, 25 minutes.

However, I'm not familiar with the puree, so I can't really give an idea. In my opimion where those ones where I used pepper flakes the most tasty brownies and the puree brownies the less. Succes!

Has the Cajohns Trinidad Puree already some moist of itself? Do you use a lot of it? I won't compensate to much on other ingredients because you can lost that brownie taste. I tried this before and used the following ingredients and just added the pepper puree:

Yes, the puree is moist. I do not know how much of it my wife will be using though. All I know is that we are getting a 2 oz. bottle of the puree.

However, I'm not familiar with the puree, so I can't really give an idea. In my opimion where those ones where I used pepper flakes the most tasty brownies and the puree brownies the less. Succes!

Noted.

Also, thank you for the recipe. I will copy/paste it for my wife to check out.

I have not tried CaJohns puree yet and probably won't since I make my own, but if his is as hot as mine is, you won't need more than a tsp or two to make the batch so hot you can't eat it...the puree is simply ground up peppers with a little vinegar...

IMO you would be a lot better off using pepper powder in the brownie mix...then you don't have to consider the moisture or VINEGAR in the puree...

You can make the normal dough then, add a spoon sauce then taste it. If it's okay you can stop adding, if it is not okay you add another spoon. When your dough is to moist, just add one spoon of flour to compensate...

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

I have not tried CaJohns puree yet and probably won't since I make my own, but if his is as hot as mine is, you won't need more than a tsp or two to make the batch so hot you can't eat it...the puree is simply ground up peppers with a little vinegar...

We were thinking of adding 1 tbsp, which is only 3 tsp of puree (1/2 oz.). If that makes it ridiculously hot, then awesome. That is what my wife is aiming for anyways. I've given her permission to hurt me on my birthday, so that is what she will be doing. I will just need to make sure that I have plenty of ice cream on hand when I eat this beast of a brownie.

Also, all of this won't be for just one brownie. My wife will be eating some of it as well, along with a few of our friends in town. I will just be the one eating the biggest piece.

IMO you would be a lot better off using pepper powder in the brownie mix...then you don't have to consider the moisture or VINEGAR in the puree...

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. She had already ordered the puree before I even posted this thread. So we'll be trying it out with this batch of brownies, and then using the remaining 1.5 oz for other things. If the brownies don't turn out, we'll use ghost chile powder the next time around.

[/background]

You can make the normal dough then, add a spoon sauce then taste it. If it's okay you can stop adding, if it is not okay you add another spoon. When your dough is to moist, just add one spoon of flour to compensate...

Thank you. I will make sure to tell my wife to compensate with extra flour.

I will do two better than that. I will post photos AND video. :dance:

TBH I wouldnt add anything wet or chunks of pepper to it like puree or anything. I would get some super hot powder like bhut powder or scorpion powder and add that so you dont have to add much at all and you will get he burn without the pepper or vinegar flavor which i think would be gross.

As I already posted above, it is too late for that. My wife ordered the puree to use on my birthday brownie, and that plan isn't changing. If it doesn't pan out, then that is a chance that we will take. I already know that this won't be the last time we attempt something like this, so there will be plenty more opportunities in the future.

However, I really don't think that the puree will pose too much of a problem, aside from the hint of vinegar in the flavor. My wife is already planning on adding sweet chocolate chips to compensate for that. Also, I have had cakes and brownies with fresh dice jalapeno and habanero mixed in, and there has never been an issue. They have always turned out fine. So I don't really see how 1 tbsp of puree in the brownie mix would ruin it. If it does, you guys can tell me that you "told me so" to no end.

Back