• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

SUPER HOT Cherry Bomb?!?!

So I just plucked some peppers from one of my gimpy cherry bomb plants and decided to slice into one.

Upon the first bite, I knew something was wrong. The familiar tingle began radiating from the tip of my tongue to the outside of my lips, culminating in a rush of panic driven saliva. I don't remember anything this hot since the super strain chocolate habanero I ate last year. I double checked to make sure I had the right plant, and I was not mistaken.

You can see below the three out of the four whole peppers I picked, and the dastardly culprit abandoned on a paper towel. The last image is a cherry pepper (right) I picked up at the local farmers market compared to mine (left).

What gives?! Has anybody ever experienced an intensely hot pepper in what should be a sweet, mild strain? This thing is deadly serious. It's fifteen minutes later and my lips are still throbbing!
03c5b496703a11c055092325406c795b.jpg
164bc7ae296bb80a2a26ca397f44899d.jpg
f108c7f14bbcd7a4f2bfa4aed0d8f4ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

squeakygreens said:
So I just plucked some peppers from one of my gimpy cherry bomb plants and decided to slice into one.

Upon the first bite, I knew something was wrong. The familiar tingle began radiating from the tip of my tongue to the outside of my lips, culminating in a rush of panic driven saliva. I don't remember anything this hot since the super strain chocolate habanero I ate last year. I double checked to make sure I had the right plant, and I was not mistaken.

You can see below the three out of the four whole peppers I picked, and the dastardly culprit abandoned on a paper towel. The last image is a cherry pepper (right) I picked up at the local farmers market compared to mine (left).

What gives?! Has anybody ever experienced an intensely hot pepper in what should be a sweet, mild strain? This thing is deadly serious. It's fifteen minutes later and my lips are still throbbing!
03c5b496703a11c055092325406c795b.jpg
164bc7ae296bb80a2a26ca397f44899d.jpg
f108c7f14bbcd7a4f2bfa4aed0d8f4ae.jpg
I grow a lot of them. I find that just like jalapenos occasionally there are some zingers.

This year my fresno's are a lot hotter than normal.  I bought the seeds online and don't know if they were isolated or not but I have a feeling they crossed with something.  Never had a fresno so hot.  

Back