• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Super hot questions

Hi all! Me being a first time grower, I'm wondering how common is it for a super hot variety to not produce a single pod for the grow yr?
I'm asking this because I have a ButchT that appears like it's trying to put out pods, ( I even see the tiny tip of the pod out of the flower) but they all drop. I know all about flower drop and I have two different varieties of supers that have been spitting out pods for a while. Are the ButchT variety very picky or just slow? I'm trying to be patient with this stubborn plant and it keeps on teasing me. The plant is going on 7 1/2 months old now and is in a 7 gallon pot and around 3 1/2 ft tall+ There are tons of flowers and that's it. Please fill me in. Thanks

All my super are producing this year and its my first year it could the fededing. Do the flowers turn to small fruit and drop off? What are you feeding them through the flowering stage?

did you fertilize while it had flowers or was starting to pod

that could be it or its just been too hot

thanks your friend Joe

ButchT has always been temperamental for me. IIRC, plenty of flower drop the first time I grew it before I eventually saw my first pod. Picky things they can be! ;)

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks for the reply Joe, No I didnt, I just kept the fert schedule the same, is that what I should be doing?

We must be doing it wrong, mega. :lol:

possibly :) ?

Normal...just be patient back off the ferts awhile.

Back off the ferts? Hmmm why out of curiousity?

All my super are producing this year and its my first year it could the fededing. Do the flowers turn to small fruit and drop off? What are you feeding them through the flowering stage?

Some of the flowers do turn to tiny fruit and still fall, meaning the fruit does not come down through the flower completely but it still visible. I'm feeding all my plants dyna grow bloom 3-12-6

Not sure Mega. I'm having the same issues indoors.

Interesting, why you growing indoors right now out of curiousity? too hot?

How hot has it been in your area ?? If your having days in the 100s then that is just normal -- I've got 2 bhut plants that are doing the same - we had a small break in the weather for 4 days as a storm moved through and they each had 50+ blooms that finally made it to flowering (up till then they dried up before even blooming) - then the temps returned to our normal 100+ and all of the flowers fell on the ground over the next few days. (in higher temps the pollen becomes infertile and the pods do not germinate so the flowers fall off)

Just work on keeping the plant healthy and when the weather cools a bit they'll pod up nicely - then you just have to hope there is still time to fully develop before the frost arrives. :banghead:

How hot has it been in your area ?? If your having days in the 100s then that is just normal -- I've got 2 bhut plants that are doing the same - we had a small break in the weather for 4 days as a storm moved through and they each had 50+ blooms that finally made it to flowering (up till then they dried up before even blooming) - then the temps returned to our normal 100+ and all of the flowers fell on the ground over the next few days. (in higher temps the pollen becomes infertile and the pods do not germinate so the flowers fall off)

Just work on keeping the plant healthy and when the weather cools a bit they'll pod up nicely - then you just have to hope there is still time to fully develop before the frost arrives. :banghead:

Ya weather does have an affect on the flowers. More flower drop when it was in the low 90's+ we will see what happens, the yellow 7 pod plant has still been going to town spitting out more pods. So I dont think the weather is the main culprit here. Either the stubborn plant just needs more time or something is off???

thanks your friend Joe

Miss read your reply Joe! The answer is yes, Ive been feeding it all along. Same with the other plants

Yeah my Butch T and Bhut have been pretty lackluster. The Butch T started out well, setting pods pretty easily. But I have now picked my last 2 off of it and it refuses to put any more out. The temps here have not been blisteringly hot the past 30 days either. My Bhut is just plain stupid. Still only has 3 pods on it without even a glimmer of a new one happening. In my Yellow 7 review I said it was pretty lackluster too, however I've picked a fair amount off and it's starting pod back up with a vengeance.

As soon as it got hot my TS Butch T. plants exploded with pods and growth. Before then they were growing slower than other plants.

Yeah my Butch T and Bhut have been pretty lackluster. The Butch T started out well, setting pods pretty easily. But I have now picked my last 2 off of it and it refuses to put any more out. The temps here have not been blisteringly hot the past 30 days either. My Bhut is just plain stupid. Still only has 3 pods on it without even a glimmer of a new one happening. In my Yellow 7 review I said it was pretty lackluster too, however I've picked a fair amount off and it's starting pod back up with a vengeance.

Thanks Brian! I have a Bhut that is spitting out pods and one that isnt, The ButchT is just being stubborn, hopefully I get atleast one pod out of it before the year is up!

I grow inside because it gets to cold at night where i live. It's close to 61 at night this week.

61 for the low isnt bad, I leave mine out at night even in the mid 50's. But every grower is different lol :)

Back