Super hots germ time

Ive got a few new plants im starting and i was wondering what the general  germ time for Carolina reapers are? I have them in a seed tray with potting mix and a heating pad so they stay nice and warm and moist.

Anywhere from 7-21 days depending on seed stock , temp , moisture, medium ...

I tend to have around an 8 day super hot pop.. but saying that I have experienced full 3 week pops too... an average is around the 10-14 day from what I hear others discuss.

I believe the biggest factor is seed maturity, if there picked at just the right time the resulting germination time is significantly reduced.

I just started germing a tray of reapers from puckerbutt.. it took 15 days. A year ago i did reapers from another source, about 8 days, but they didnt turn out true. The only super i have had trouble germinating was brown moruga. Took close to a month

rkempston said:
Ive got a few new plants im starting and i was wondering what the general  germ time for Carolina reapers are? I have them in a seed tray with potting mix and a heating pad so they stay nice and warm and moist.

I had really fresh seeds. Three days for me.

I would say anything longer than a month is to long.

Average is about 11 days.

I plants my seeds a couple days after deseeding pods and get tremendous results. It takes anywhere from 4-5 days up to about a week. Very few go past 2 weeks.

I just started germinating a few more to experiment with hydro over the winter.

Blondie and Fatalii took about 10 days.

Day 11 and still waiting for Lemon Drops.  On average though my experience is two weeks.

M

Back