• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds superthrive and fertilizer on seeds??

Well i have some seedlings and unsproted seeds in the same pot that havent been transplanted and im behind on my planting. I was wondering if fert and superthrive would bother the unsprouted seeds. VERY stupid question but might as well ask.

kylestl said:
Well i have some seedlings and unsproted seeds in the same pot that havent been transplanted and im behind on my planting. I was wondering if fert and superthrive would bother the unsprouted seeds. VERY stupid question but might as well ask.

no question is a stupid question daniel son... although I have no answer haha

No need untill plants have established root ball ! A pre soak of gribbiliens (ga3)or Or NAA ( naf acid )or IAA/IBA for seeds, to improve growth in the long run and help induce hormones to fight desease and stress.
- But dont water with fertz or vitimins (superthrive is a b1 thiamin addtive) untill 2nd or 3rd Node IMO.
It will get what it needs from soil untill then ! Just PH your water to around 6.5....

Over fert & a young seedling will die !

chilliman said:
- But dont water with fertz or vitimins (superthrive is a b1 thiamin addtive) untill 2nd or 3rd Node IMO.

I disagree...take a look at my plants and you will see.... superthrive, ProGrow, and Liquid Karma in every water that the seeds/seedlings see for the first thirty days after planting, the I drop the superthrive but continue the ProGrow and Liquid Karma....

I've used diluted ferts on my "just sprouted" seedlings and ungerminated seeds and it def didn't hurt any... my plants are ROCKIN! lol but everyone has a diff opinion.... oh and they are not organic

Agreed.... All have different tech, take in every ones opinion and make your own judgement & just go with what works for you ! ( im a tight arse so I dont use nutes in first period or untill 2nd node min LOL... there is enough micro nutes in soil to sustain life until roots have developed enough to utilize the feed !)

AlabamaJack said:
I disagree...take a look at my plants and you will see.... superthrive, ProGrow, and Liquid Karma in every water that the seeds/seedlings see for the first thirty days after planting, the I drop the superthrive but continue the ProGrow and Liquid Karma....

So AJ, you discontinue the superthrive 30 days after germination or 30 days after planting outside?

I've been using superthrive since germ but think that I am going to discontinue once plants are outdoors full-time.

Also, I get a crusty shit on the cap threads of the superthrive bottle. Any idea what that is?

PeteyPepper said:
So AJ, you discontinue the superthrive 30 days after germination or 30 days after planting outside?

I've been using superthrive since germ but think that I am going to discontinue once plants are outdoors full-time.

Also, I get a crusty shit on the cap threads of the superthrive bottle. Any idea what that is?

When i got superthrive there was crusty stuff too i just put it back into the superthrive just shake it when you use it

chilliman said:
At what PPM AJ ? I assume this is seedling fertz? Are they organic ?

PPM?...I don't know...PPM is usually used in Hydro and I grow in soil...I use a few drops per gallon of superthrive and 1/2 Tbsp progrow and 1/2 Tbsp liquid karma...

seedling fertilize?...I suppose you could call it seedling fertilize by the amount I am using...when the plants are transfered to larger containers, the strength increases to 1 Tbsp per gallon...

not organic by OMRIs approved listing...

chilliman said:
there is enough micro nutes in soil to sustain life until roots have developed enough to utilize the feed !)

this may be so, however, if you can give your plants something that helps them grow better/bigger/stronger, why wouldn't you give it to them?

PeteyPepper said:

yes, I stop 30 days after germination....why?, because the auxin in the superthrive increases internodal length thus causing a less "bushy" plant...

the crusty stuff on the cap is just dried vitamins, nothing harmful...

I don't fertilize until the plants have established roots and several sets of leaves, and even then I use very little fertilizer and no superthrive(or other hormones/auxins)

The crust on the cap is just crytalization of the superthrive.

Edit: I do use Pro-mix and other professional mixes which often contain an undefined "starter charge", as well as well-water with lots of goodies.

Back