• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

cuisines Sushi

From hot peppers to the opposite end of the spectrum: what are your favorite sushi pieces?

My top 5 nigiri:
1. Mackerel
2. Tuna
3. Salmon
4. Clam
5: Sea eel

Favorite rolls: Philadelphia (salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber), New York (salmon skin, radish sprouts, and cucumber), I'll eat almost any roll.

Stuff I like least: Salmon roe (felt like I was eating phlegm; thoroughly disgusting), haven't tried sea urchin (nor do I plan to).

So what do all of you like? And what are some of your favorite sushi bars? We don't have many here in North Texas, but I loved Gyuhama on Boylston St. when I lived in Boston.

Sushi rules. I like sashimi, and sushi rolls that don't have the chopped fish with mayonnaise, like the spicy tuna roll. Christmas roll rocks!

I'm a salmon guy. Nigiri salmon. Maki avocado, cucumber, salmon... and so on. Sashimi is pretty awesome as well.

Ikura or salmon roe rocks! Used to cure my own with fresh eggs. Love the raw salmon. Love the spider roll too. Shhh! Don't tell anyone...I like the fake green wasabi too!!

Cheers, TB.

Tuna, eel, salmon , crab, shrimp, octopus is to chewy, deep fried salmon skin tastes like bacon, love suzy, calamari salad.

I'm a salmon sushi lover and as TB stated, i also love the fake green wasabi....I like eel as well....

When I was on holidays in china, they had a massive selection of sushi at the hotels we stayed at and I just ate sushi for breakfast everyday....Felt so good for it as well...

moyboy said:
I'm a salmon sushi lover and as TB stated, i also love the fake green wasabi....I like eel as well....

When I was on holidays in china, they had a massive selection of sushi at the hotels we stayed at and I just ate sushi for breakfast everyday....Felt so good for it as well...

Dammit MOY!! You weren't 'sposed to tell!!

Cheers, TB.

moyboy said:

texas blues said:
Dammit MOY!! You weren't 'sposed to tell!!

Cheers, TB.

Bwahahahaha hope you guys had fun!

texas blues said:
Damn! No wonder I feel "burning".

Cheers, TB.
You guys need to stop messing with wasabi.

moyboy said:
The burning is from the chillis.......The cream got rid of the rash....well most of it anyway:lol:

Yeah..like he said. It all started rather innocently. We were on a CILF hunt. Chile's I'd Like to F.......

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Yeah..like he said. It all started rather innocently. We were on a CILF hunt. Chile's I'd Like to F.......

Cheers, TB.
Oh that's easy! A Big Jim....it's the only one that I could fit into with out breaking....................... :shame:

Back