vendor Sustainable seed company

Has anyone grew out pepper seed from them? Did they grow out true?
I'm going to order from them anyway for some other things and I spotted some pepper seeds that I want to try. The seeds I want are not superhots or,special in anyway, so hopefully they are real deal seeds. I've grown tired over the years of growing out a plant to get a cayenne or a bell pepper when it was suppose to be something else.

I went ahead and placed a order last Monday and received it today with no problems. I received everything I ordered and although the purpose of my order was for something else, I did order four kinds of peppers to try. I am happy with my order so far, but their attitude about shipping almost caused me not to order from them.
When you order from Sustainable Seed, you will pay for shipping. The two options available was a padded flat rate envelope for $5.75 or FedEX. No free shipping offered here. The other thing that miffed me was they push you to insure your package. Apparently, they don't have good luck with USPS and have lost hundreds of dollars in orders. They state very clearly on their website that you will not receive replacement seeds if you do not insure your package. That does not set well with me. For my business, I ship daily throughout the week and on those rare occasions something happens to a package, I replace it. It's part of doing business, not telling someone that the post office loses a lot of their packages and if you don't pay for insurance, your out of luck.
In the end, they had something I wanted, I felt overall it was a good value, and I placed my order. I did not go for the insurance. The way I see it, it's the venders responsibility to get your order to you in good condition. If the order had gotten lost and Sustainable Seed had refused to fix it, one call to my bank to refute the charge on my card is all I would have do. No bank is going to accept a vender not getting what you paid for to you. It worked out ok for me, but this is a buyer beware situation.

Back