Sweet Apple Pepper.

Sweet Apple Pepper From Refining Fire Chiles.
This was an awesome tasting pepper! Very sweet with just a hint of bell pepper in the background. You can find seeds for this at www.superhotchiles.com

Flavor 10/10
Heat 0

Sweet Apple-(Capsicum annuum)-An extremely juicy and sweet pepper. Fruits are about 4 inch shaped like a top. Very productive and disease resistant. If you like sweet peppers that are not bells than this is a good sweet chile plant to grow. Peppers are big enough to stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYeNZ1aTLaM

This is a nice Hungarian variety they call Edes Almapaprika (sweet apple pepper) It's a great tasting pepper for slicing into salads, stuffing or pickling. It doesn't get very large for an Annuum, but it's a great producer that does well with a short season. Good on ya for growing it James!

Nigel said:
Well done James, nice to see a sweet pepper review. 
It was a very nice pepper. I will have to grow this next season.
stickman said:
This is a nice Hungarian variety they call Edes Almapaprika (sweet apple pepper) It's a great tasting pepper for slicing into salads, stuffing or pickling. It doesn't get very large for an Annuum, but it's a great producer that does well with a short season. Good on ya for growing it James!
Thanks for the great info! I haven't grown this one yet, but i'm looking forward to giving it a go next season.

Nice review - thanks James.

Watching you enjoy that I was wishing you could pass me a slice!

I was just thinking about what sweet peppers I wanted to grow for next year I grow mostly Red and yellow Bull horns and red and yellow marconi peppers and some asorted bells, I like thick fleshed sweet peppers that have multible uses.
I might just give this one a try and see just how many ways I can use it, i wonder how it taste when its still unripe as I'm not really fond of that grassygreen bell flavor.

wildseed57 said:
I was just thinking about what sweet peppers I wanted to grow for next year I grow mostly Red and yellow Bull horns and red and yellow marconi peppers and some asorted bells, I like thick fleshed sweet peppers that have multible uses.
I might just give this one a try and see just how many ways I can use it, i wonder how it taste when its still unripe as I'm not really fond of that grassygreen bell flavor.
This was very sweet. I only got a hint of the Bell flavor in it. 

Yeh I could go for a swap or freebies, I can give out some super hots  that I grew this year, Barrackpore, Infinity, white & pot and others  just let me know what yoy are looking for.  I just threw all my sweet pepper seeds together, so they would be mixed up, but I have a good amount of labled tomatoes one is a cross that I grow every year its a OSU X Make My Day a very nice tomatoe that does well in short cooler climits, I also have a big red from portugual very nice flavor along with some others. OSU is a small purple blue tomato and Make My Day is a tomato developed By the same guy that developed the Green Zebra tomato the two together makes a nicely flavored and unusual tomato. Sorry for all the off topic.

Browning said:
any one have any seeds to swap?  I think duffy sells them but swapping is always a first option:)
I didn't save the seeds. You can't be sure they will grow right. If you get the seeds from Jim you can be sure that they will grow the pepper I eat here.

Back