• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Sweet chilli sauce?

I'm after a decent sweet chili sauce recipe - I like my prawn crackers, and the sauce that goes with them!

I've done a search, and no joy - anyone got a recipe?

Thanks very much!

Chris :)

imaguitargod said:
Hot Sauce or chip dip?
Chili sauce (chilli sauce) is something in between. Similar to cocktail sauce, but chiles are used for heat instead of horseradish.

rainmaker said:
I'm after a decent sweet chili sauce recipe - I like my prawn crackers, and the sauce that goes with them!

I've done a search, and no joy - anyone got a recipe?

Thanks very much!

Chris :)
I'm sending you a link.

Darth, next time you go to a Chinese restaurant, ask for sweet chili sauce.

It's generally very nice, quite sweet, and made for the lowest common denominator (not hot!). Not sure if they do it your side of the pond, though.

So basically, I wantmy own recipe, as I also like to make prawn crackers (they're WELL COOL to do - just watch 'em grow!). And I'd like to make an, errrm, hotter version!

btw, why Darth? My ex-boss at work was nicknamed Darth, mainly cos of personality characteristics and some kind of chronic breathing disorder! :) :hell: :lol:

(sorry, she's not very popular ;) )

Here is a family recipe. It came from my fiance's grandmother. I know that she was of polish origin and made alot of Polish foods, but I'm not sure about the recipe. It goes great on hot dogs, beyond that I don't know, I like things more on the spicy side.

"Grandmas' Chili Sauce"
1/2 peck tomatoes peeled and seeded
2 hot banana peppers
2 green peppers
5 large onions
1 stalk of celery (grind it or use food processor)
1/2 cup salt

Chop and mix above ingrediants. Let stand overnight (or couple of hours) in a cool place. Then strain.

1 cup white vinegar
3 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon ketchup seasoning (dry spice)

Boil above ingrediants for 5 minutes
Add the veggies and bring to a boil for 1 minute
Follow proper canning methods.

Back