• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sweet Hot Pepper ?

:cheers: how are all my pepper guru's doing this fine day. :hell: i had a question and need some advice i know there is somebody here who can answer this so here goes. i'm looking for a "sweet" hot pepper something with a great sweet flavor but still gives you that feeling of getting kicked in the nuts lol i have heared of the 7 pod "brain strain" as being one of the sweet ones from niel in his videos and have been searching but nobody out in Miami has gottem :banghead: :think:

Dont think those are that sweet but they are plenty hot - Maybe you are looking for are Rocotos, ripe Jalapeno's etc...?

Never had the 7 Pod yet (first year growing it, this year) and I never had any specialized "strains" of it, so I can't comment on it. But I thought many of the sweeter peppers I tried last year were the red and yellow chinenses. The Trinidad Congo and Congo Yellow were nice and sweet; Red Dominica Habanero and Red Scotch Bonnet were sweet; the Burkina Yellow, Yellow Scotch Bonnet and Peach Habanero were sweet. Hell, a lot of the chinenses are sweet.

I had the Bhut Jolokia and Naga Morich which, aside from shapes and sizes of the peppers themselves, seemed very similar... but I would stay away from those if "sweetness" is your priority.

Datils are sweet but only hab hot. Superhots can get sweeter I found if left on the plant too long but they loose some of the heat

Another one I found really sweet when ripe was Purple Jalapeno. About the same heat as regular Jalapeno's though, definately not really hot like C. chinenses....

Back