• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sweet Mini Bell

I had bought great tasting sweet mini bell peppers at the store, so I scraped out all the seed. I dried them and tested.

there viable. (I don't know the specifics on there growing) I'm going to compare the original pepper to one that I grow and see.

I guess I will be having some sweet bell peppers. The only issue is I think I planted all 1 color?

This might be a stupid question, do any peppers grow multiple colors on 1 single plant, I know the stages of peppers through ripeness can have different colors? (sorry I'm a noob) I would guess
that each color pepper has its own specific seed, I guess I will find out when the peppers grow.

BTW>.. these were.

bailey farms inc peppers. (my guess organic farm grown)

I been growing a mixture of them this year from Tradewinds. They grow just like a regular bell only smaller. I'm hoping for a chocolate one to overwinter.:)

I've had them go from green>yellow>orange>red on one plant.

Absolutely my favorite bell pepper. The fun part is they look a lot like habs, and you can fool some people by popping a few in your mouth and acting like nothing happened.

i grew the ones called VINE SWEET MINI PEPPER last year from peppers i got at the store and they where fine

i know some are hybrids a revert back and do not always giver you the same fruit, but these did and mine where as good as the other

many peppers that are considered omni-color or multi-color change from 3 to even 5 colors and not all at the same time what a beautiful accent to the garden

i have
Chinese 5 color
Australian multi-color
aji omni-color
omni-color (annum species)
tri-color
variegated tricolor
but these are all hot peppers, some even have colored leaves and stems

you can check these out online im sure you will be stunned by there look, i have a large garden and people alway pic out these because the stand out so much

hope this helps
your friend Joe

The ones I grew were called Mini Belles, and each plant produced one color. All of the peppers started out green than changed to either red, yellow, or chocolate. There's an orange too, but my packet was a mix, so I guess I just didn't plant a seed for the orange one.

They're great if you have a short growing season, but would like to grow bells, since they are smaller and ripen much quicker.

I did the same thing with sweet mini bells from Meijer. They didn't grow true to what I got at the store, so they must have been a hybrid. :(

Back