• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Sweet Scorpions?

Talking in the chat room, and Ghosty brought up sweet Trinidad Scorpions that he was growing.

Anybody wanna shed some light on this pepper? Heat level, growing conditions, taste, where to buy?

Ghosty got the seeds from me in trade. I purchased the seeds from Pepperlover.com As far as heat level, dont know, first time I have grown them either and they are just starting to flower, so no pods yet.

http://pepperlover.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=124&category_id=22&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Reactions: JHR
I have Trinidad Scorpion Perfume seeds (I'm growing one plant) Supposed to look and taste like a scorpion but without any heat. I'm wondering if this is the "Trinidad Sweets" that I've heard going around.

I don't remember who I got them from....I think PepperRidgeFarm..

it is C.chinese. from Trinidad. very sweet with scorpion flavor but not heat at all.... best used fresh to enjoy the taste... if cooked it loses the scoprion hint... thin walled... truns from light green to bright red.. the plant is prolific... and worth trying... i like them

it is C.chinese. from Trinidad. very sweet with scorpion flavor but not heat at all.... best used fresh to enjoy the taste... if cooked it loses the scoprion hint... thin walled... truns from light green to bright red.. the plant is prolific... and worth trying... i like them

Interesting.. looking forward to hearing flavor reviews from you folks growing them once the pods start popping up.

I orderd them (trinidad scorpion sweet) a few weeks back but got trinidad cherry insted it may not be available at pepperlover.

Back