• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

synclinorium's 2014 Glog (abridged)

Sooooo I'm a bit late on this, haven't been on the site too much in a while. I moved halfway across the state in June last year which put the entire garden in limbo. Since my roommate was still living there, I decided to just leave my plants and come back for them later. Let's just say not much made it. Garden got hit by a frost before I could make it down, and I'm pretty sure my roommate forgot to water things... more than once. Oh well. I had a handful make it through the winter, though my grow is scaled back a bit as I am using someone else's yard, and I started seeds late as I wasn't sure I'd have a space to use.

Anyway, I'm doing a handful of things this year. I'll see what I can manage next year.

Current list:

Aji Amarillo
C. baccatum 'Bolivian Small Red' PI 439361 (overwinter)
C. baccatum 'Mini Mini' (overwinter)

"Most prolific" Chacoense (overwinter)

Jalapeno "cracked"
Tepin
De Arbol

Fatalii
Datil
Naga Morich
White Habanero
Moruga Yellow
Douglah
Unknown cross, Brain Strain Yellow x ? (overwinter)

Some pics to follow.

Moruga Yellow

Douglah

Aji Amarillo... damn thing is going on 4 feet tall and is just now starting to branch and flower. Forgot how long it takes to mature. Please ignore the mess around it.

Naga Morich getting a tan

Brain Strain Yellow hybrid. Don't know what the father is, popped up with the others that I started from Judy's seeds. Ripens to orange-red, still pretty damn hot. Also a lot of the pods look like they're sticking tongues out at me.

It needed water, but the White Habs have already started ripening. Consistently some of my fastest maturing peppers.

The Bolivian Small Red has also started to ripen.

I didn't have much space so I stuck a lot of the peppers wherever. The tepin is poking out from behind the cucumbers, doesn't seem to mind the cramped quarters.

Things are still coming along. Fatalii has podded up nicely

Gy4xkZL.jpg

Datil has been a bit slow this year but is also coming along.

g90yqIG.jpg

Naga Morich starting to ripen

O68yt5o.jpg

Couple shots of the Brain Strain Yellow hybrid

yzkJVd5.jpg

JukHdZf.jpg

Douglah is also turning

Gq7nPNB.jpg

c. baccatum 'Mini Mini'

GRpAQO7.jpg

Hadn't been over to the garden for a few days, everything has starting ripening...

Hm706dm.jpg

Douglah and Moruga Yellow

nl2ybsD.jpg

Brain Strain Yellow hybrid. Nothing particularly unusual about these, but given the appearance and flavor the father was probably another Trinidad strain.

WPHU7na.jpg

Back