• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Szechuan pepper.....in Scotland !

Hi Guy's

I bought a little szechuan pepper seedling 2 possibly 3 years ago from a seller in England they are ment to be very hardy and can with stand my Scottish winter's !

It has grown like a weed and looks similar to a Ash tree but covered in evil thorns ....everywhere ! Stems, stalks even on each leaf !!

It's in a big pot and is now over 6ft tall it smells divine 😋 but hasn't produced any szechuan pepper corns yet so I'm having to buy them to make my Nagaland pork belly curry 😋

It's not long been in leaf this season and the leaves are still small but it looks like it will produced this year ...... 🤞

20230503_164438.jpg

Pure evil !

20230503_164454.jpg

Fruit ?

Anyone else growing them ? I'm amazed how tough and hardy they are .

Stephen

Nice. My friend has a plant and she had a first harvest two years ago I think? You can use the leaves as well it seems. Have you tried those yet?

Hi Guy's

Extremely excited :dance:

It would appear I have my first harvest from my szechuan pepper tree :D

20230715_081224.jpg

Obviously I have to wait till they go red they are similar to beech mast they ripen to a rough red husk and a shiny black stone which is rock hard !! The dried husk is the part you use 😋

20230715_081305.jpg

Finger's crossed the current heavy rains and storms we are getting don't damage them 🤞

Hopefully I'll be able to use my own Dorset Naga and own szechuan pepper in my Nagaland pork belly curry by the end of the season 😋

Stephen

Back