• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

T8 Florescent Bulbs

I have been looking for T8 grow bulbs locally and have been unable to locate any. It seems that everyone (Home Depot & Lowes) has them in T12. I am wondering if normal T8's can be used as grow bulbs for new sprouts? Thanks

I use the cheap "Grow Lights" from Walmart that are $10 for the entire thing, fixture and bulb and they do a great job of growing my seedlings. I'm sure T8's would do a wonderful job.

I have been looking for T8 grow bulbs locally and have been unable to locate any. It seems that everyone (Home Depot & Lowes) has them in T12. I am wondering if normal T8's can be used as grow bulbs for new sprouts? Thanks

GE daylight bulbs work well...Check out the grow tech section for TONS of info on lights.

Shane

I would look a little harder, all the Home Depots here have T8 with 6500K 2-packs for about $7. They don't say anthing about "grow light" on them, just look at the packaging for the 6500K reference. Made by Philips.

Sometimes they are hard to locate--the T12s are beginning to be phased out this year, maybe they are pushing those up front.

I use my laser vision. I grow mountains with it, so pepper plants are no problem.....

But for real, check out the Grow Tech area like Shane mentioned. BUT T8s will do great for ya. There are a lot of growers that use em (check out PIC1's GLog in the GLogs to get an idea of what sprouts under T8s can do....

I agree, "grow light" or no grow light, you should be more concerned with the lumens it produces as well as where the bulb is at on the Kelvin Scale. Those two things are the most important factors you need to worry about.

a 2 day drive to my side of the boarder and there are skid loads. and while you are here you can have your choice of promix hp or bx, bales.

my t8's i got from pet smart, i opted for the Coral life ones i thought they were 6500k but turns out they are 10,000K, seems to work out pretty good for me

I am wondering if normal T8's can be used as grow bulbs for new sprouts?

Yes. And like the others said above: they are marketed as "Daylight". Some even mix them with a different color bulb to get more spectrum. From my experience, it doesn't make much difference for new sprouts. I'm not spending money on new bulbs when I have tons of slightly used t12's laying around.

Back