• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Tabasco brand Habanero sauce

I know it's not that hot when compared to the others out there, but what do you think of the flavor?

I like it on burgers and it's quite a bit higher in the heat scale than the other Tabasco sauces. Hey, you can't get me to use anything but the old standby Red Tabasco when it comes to a bowl of Chili :lol:

Just curious because most have'nt even heard of the Habanero Tabasco and in some places it's hard to find........ Like where I am now, it's in no stores but you can buy it online of course!

Here's a list of all the sauces at Tabasco's website:
http://www.tabasco.com/tabasco_tent/pepper_sauce/index.cfm

LifePincher said:
I know it's not that hot when compared to the others out there, but what do you think of the flavor?

I like it on burgers and it's quite a bit higher in the heat scale than the other Tabasco sauces. Hey, you can't get me to use anything but the old standby Red Tabasco when it comes to a bowl of Chili :lol:

Just curious because most have'nt even heard of the Habanero Tabasco and in some places it's hard to find........ Like where I am now, it's in no stores but you can buy it online of course!

Here's a list of all the sauces at Tabasco's website:
http://www.tabasco.com/tabasco_tent/pepper_sauce/index.cfm

I haven't tasted it, but based on what I know about Tabasco, I'm not sure there's much habanero in it.

T

I use the stuff almost every day. It has quite a bit more heat than the standard Tobasco but not in the same league as extract sauces. I do enjoy the flavor which is saying something because I cant stand the original Tobasco anymore. 7 years in the army using it on every meal will do that to you.

*Edit* Just checked the bottle I have here at the office and Habanero peppers are the second ingredient listed after vinegar off course.

P_Schneider said:
I use the stuff almost every day. It has quite a bit more heat than the standard Tobasco but not in the same league as extract sauces. I do enjoy the flavor which is saying something because I cant stand the original Tobasco anymore. 7 years in the army using it on every meal will do that to you.

*Edit* Just checked the bottle I have here at the office and Habanero peppers are the second ingredient listed after vinegar off course.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the only ingredient after vinegar???

The Peppermaster and I had the honour of meeting an engineer from McIlhenny and if memory serves, Tabasco(R) original is 1 part pepper mash, 99 parts vinegar. Ergo, if their Habanero is the same concentration, of course Habanero would still be the second ingredient.

T

From the home bottle label this time.
Distilled vinegar
Habenero pepper
Cane sugar
Tobasco Pepper Sauce
Salt
Mango puree
dehydrated onion
Banana puree
Tomato paste
Tamarind puree
Papaya puree
Spices
Garlic
Tobasco pepper mash

Show some love Tina, this sauce was made for you! 😉
Well it's worth a couple bucks to pick up the shorty for a test drive anyways.

My husband's first wife's Father used to ask regularly; "why should I try the peas, when I don't like them".

Yeah... but it's Tabasco... Although, it sounds good. :think:

Okay, ok, I'll try it... but I won't like it.

:doh:

T

Your preaching to the choir so to speak. As I stated earlier I cant stand regular Tobasco. This is different...yet a bit of the same.

P_Schneider said:
Your preaching to the choir so to speak. As I stated earlier I cant stand regular Tobasco. This is different...yet a bit of the same.

Well, I did happen to notice that there is a quantity of Tabasco(R) pepper sauce and pepper mash in there.

T

I have some here and it's alright, but my feeling is that there are so many fantastic hab sauces out there from some smaller manufacturers that I would rather show my support to them.

ChefEx said:
I have some here and it's alright, but my feeling is that there are so many fantastic hab sauces out there from some smaller manufacturers that I would rather show my support to them.

I agree but I don't have much of a selection up here where I'm at so it does in a pinch. I have to shop the web for the good stuff.

I'll admit, I'm sure you'll grab anything to help choke down that Lutefidk. I know this is a tangent but what's the deal with lye soaked cod? :shock: Even the Canadians stop at salting and smoking. 😉

ChefEx said:
I'll admit, I'm sure you'll grab anything to help choke down that Lutefidk. I know this is a tangent but what's the deal with lye soaked cod? :shock: Even the Canadians stop at salting and smoking. 😉

Lol, no idea. I am mostly German by ancestry and as such I am pretty much a meat and potatoes man. I don't ususally eat fish, much less fish cooked in lye.

ChefEx said:

That sounds disgusting... What exactly is lutefidk???

T

i think i saw that on king of the hill its some kind of dish made with fish..bobby ate it and got gas that took paint off the bathroom walls.

I tried it out and thought it was just o.k., kinda watery with no real stand-out flavor. Not bad, but just not that remarkable. I agree that there's some good, flavorful hab sauces made by smaller mfg.s.

I do like the garlic Tabasco and the chipotle gets used alot at the sports bar I work at. But the hab....eh. they should have just added habs to the familiar taste of their main product and not tried to imitate the caribean scotch bonnet hot sauces. IMHO.

I'll have to vote negative on the Tabasco Hab. sauce... too many others that are better.

Paul, after 7 years of Army Chow, I can't conceive of the amount of Tabasco you consumed.

That sounds disgusting... What exactly is lutefidk???

Tina, here is a link explaining probably more than you wanted to learn about lutefisk.. A little humor is included.
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/lutefisk

This is even more disgusting.. leave it to the Swedes to outdo the Norwegian's http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Surstromming

Back