misc Table Displays for Sauces

I've been going back and forth between different display options for my table when at live events. The one I really like is ideal for indoor events, but outside (when dealing with wind & other elements) is not very ideal, so I go with option B which works, but is not as ideal as part of the label is covered up...

I've looked for pictures of what others have done and always check out other displays....Curious if anyone has any great outside the box idea's for table displays.

This is my ideal set-up.

10154906_232721893595360_7396761248225032247_n.jpg

I have these silver 3 tier spice racks (used for cabinets)......However, strong winds almost caused a disaster the first few outdoors events I did....

10552377_259822767551939_2139268883163148663_n.jpg

So, I switched over to these pencil/pen/paperclip type dishes, which work, but cut off some of the bottom of the label, which I don't like.....Just doesn't look as nice IMO.

I think I want to find those wooden CD crates (the ones that hold about 30 CD's) and create displays using those....

Or are there better & more ideal options?

Suggestions: 
  • Go with fitted table cloths that reach the floor/ground. It's a better look. 
  • Your table is really cluttered. As a customer this always makes me feel uncomfortable. Make a couple of placards with all the product descriptions (double sided if needs be) and laminate them. Place them out on the table. Then you can put all the sauce together in near tidy rows and reclaim 50% of that table space.  It will look less cluttered. 
  • Where's your handwashing station? 
  • Where do you keep gloves, tasters, etc? 
  • I generally go with an "L-Shape" table set up with 2x 6' tables. Helps to have extra sauce, gloves, gravity fed handwashing station, etc on the 2nd table and buys you a couple more feet across of the front table. 
  • For the love of god man, center your banner. My OCD is going nutty right now. lol

Best I've got at a glance. 

What is the industry terminology for those fitted sheets that go infront of a stand?  I've seen some really fancy ones out there and was interested in pricing.  Is there a term for that banner style?

Kalitarios said:
What is the industry terminology for those fitted sheets that go infront of a stand?  I've seen some really fancy ones out there and was interested in pricing.  Is there a term for that banner style?

fitted table clothes with my logo and stuff is kind of expensive...Even for me who has my own merch company...Something on my mind, but not ready to spend on just yet....

Ah.  I go to many car shows, some big ones... and a lot of the vendors there have very sharp looking front displays across the fitted cloth area.  Wasn't sure if it was called anything specific.  I'm trying to absorb it all like a sponge, as this is completely foreign territory.

Merch, eh?  I was considering using Redbubble to do some stuff for me (I use them to sell t-shirt designs on the side) but do you screen print?  T-shirts are on my to-do list for merch for the car shows I go to.   Front and back prints... let me know :)

Kalitarios said:

Merch, eh?  I was considering using Redbubble to do some stuff for me (I use them to sell t-shirt designs on the side) but do you screen print?  T-shirts are on my to-do list for merch for the car shows I go to.   Front and back prints... let me know :)

PM me with what you are interested in.....Quantites, color shirts? jpegs of the designs to determine how many colors, etc...will hook ya up!
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Suggestions: 
  • Go with fitted table cloths that reach the floor/ground. It's a better look. 
  • Your table is really cluttered. As a customer this always makes me feel uncomfortable. Make a couple of placards with all the product descriptions (double sided if needs be) and laminate them. Place them out on the table. Then you can put all the sauce together in near tidy rows and reclaim 50% of that table space.  It will look less cluttered. 
  • Where's your handwashing station? 
  • Where do you keep gloves, tasters, etc? 
  • I generally go with an "L-Shape" table set up with 2x 6' tables. Helps to have extra sauce, gloves, gravity fed handwashing station, etc on the 2nd table and buys you a couple more feet across of the front table. 
  • For the love of god man, center your banner. My OCD is going nutty right now. lol

Best I've got at a glance. 

Scott.

you got a picture of your handwashing station? One or two markets mentioned them, but I have yet to be called out on not having one. I drive a Prius and am usually packed to the gills to start off with.. A google search shows me these monstrosities which I couldn't carry around with me....

Full length fitted table cloth is on the 'to do' list...

Gloves/Tasters are hidden behind the price display.

I want to expand to an 8 foot table actually to open up some space...Couldnt fit 2x 6" tables in my car :/

The market won't call you out - the local health inspector will shut you down for not having one.

What are you washing your hands with if you don't have one?

I don't have a pic handy - on the road...but your health dept will have a PDF or something on their site.
Mine's pretty standard: Cambro 5 gal insulated water tank with hands free spigot, roll of paper towels and pump soap.
5 gal bucket to catch runoff water

The market won't call you out - the local health inspector will shut you down for not having one.

What are you washing your hands with if you don't have one?

I don't have a pic handy - on the road...but your health dept will have a PDF or something on their site.
Mine's pretty standard: Cambro 5 gal insulated water tank with hands free spigot, roll of paper towels and pump soap.
5 gal bucket to catch runoff water

I kind of have the giant hand sanitzer pump that I use ever 45 seconds or so...

I haven't seen one single vendor at any of my 5 markets have one either...Not saying that they are right or wrong, but perhaps NJ is not cracking down on that sort of thing?

I get the gloves necessity, and i'll try and read up on it a bit, but I don't really see the need for one, considering, I am providing a sample about the size of a dime to the customer that goes directly into their mouth...Do I need to provide milk as well if it is too hot for them?  

not trying to be a devils advocate, but i don't see the sense in it.... I have run to other successful businesses, but the 'food industry' is proving to be a whole different animal...LOL

GeminiCrow said:

I kind of have the giant hand sanitzer pump that I use ever 45 seconds or so...

I haven't seen one single vendor at any of my 5 markets have one either...Not saying that they are right or wrong, but perhaps NJ is not cracking down on that sort of thing?

I get the gloves necessity, and i'll try and read up on it a bit, but I don't really see the need for one, considering, I am providing a sample about the size of a dime to the customer that goes directly into their mouth...Do I need to provide milk as well if it is too hot for them?  

not trying to be a devils advocate, but i don't see the sense in it.... I have run to other successful businesses, but the 'food industry' is proving to be a whole different animal...LOL
Gloves can be contaminated. Hand sanitizer isn't a substitute for washing hands.

Let's be clear about why there are laws: Some people don't wash their hands after they take a shit. You want to trust nitrile gloves to protect you?

Every time you eat, scratch your nose, pull your underwear out of your ass crack, sneeze, or touch money you're creating a path to cross-contamination.

I'm not saying YOU are doing any of those, but people do. And so any time you eat or touch something you're supposed to use a little antibacterial soap with water. It's not hard to do & it protects people.

I don't know the law in your county - you'll need to check with the health dept to ensure you're compliant. I've been inspected 6 times in 14 weeks - twice at my markets and at every festival.

You have a food business - in my opinion you need to be less concerned about what your neighbors are doing and more concerned with covering your own ass. It's you that'll get the "deficiencies found" correction/warning document in your file.

good points.  I was going to go to a restaurant depot and pick up several boxes of disposable plastic gloves, like the ones you see used at Subway, etc.  Easy on, easy off... not nitrile

Gloves can be contaminated. Hand sanitizer isn't a substitute for washing hands.

Let's be clear about why there are laws: Some people don't wash their hands after they take a shit. You want to trust nitrile gloves to protect you?

Every time you eat, scratch your nose, pull your underwear out of your ass crack, sneeze, or touch money you're creating a path to cross-contamination.

I'm not saying YOU are doing any of those, but people do. And so any time you eat or touch something you're supposed to use a little antibacterial soap with water. It's not hard to do & it protects people.

I don't know the law in your county - you'll need to check with the health dept to ensure you're compliant. I've been inspected 6 times in 14 weeks - twice at my markets and at every festival.

You have a food business - in my opinion you need to be less concerned about what your neighbors are doing and more concerned with covering your own ass. It's you that'll get the "deficiencies found" correction/warning document in your file.

I'm gonna need a kickstarter for a new vehicle myself then...LOL.... I can't fit much more in my tiny clown car...

btw, got the 2pk boxes today! thank you sir!

Kalitarios said:

This is what I have to work with LOL!

Granted it does have a pretty big back seat and trunk space, oddly.
You can't be serious.

Have you ever tried to move 30+ cases of sauce, canopy, folding tables, handwashing station, signage, banners, etc, etc, etc in a sports car?

Big trunk or not, I'm most interested in seeing you try to pull that off. lol

Back to the OP~

For bottle display, use any type of decorative box on the table that will hold about 12 bottles.  Keeps the bottle secure when the table get's bumped, wind, etc.  Have 1 bottle set out front with the sample squeeze bottle ( if the customers are doing their own sample serving) or just have 1 bottle for them to pick up and look at.  When they buy a bottle, pick it out of the tray/wood mini-crate/whatever and give that to the customer.  When they leave the table, replace the sold bottle from your stash of cases under the table.  If you have room on the table, maybe trays that hold 18-20.  Kinda depends on the bottle size etc.  You can sell several out of the tray and it will still look full until you have a moment to refill.

imho, banners on the front of the table are a waste of money.  No one can see them in a crowd.  The first 2 people at your table will totally block the view.  The only thing they look good for is promo pics of your booth.

And +1 to LDHS....Get Those Banners Centered!

:)  

Use a plastic table cloth that can be wiped, or cover the cloth with clear plastic.  I'm OCD about wiping up spills/drops, washing hands, I pretty much have a bleach rag in my hand at all times, unless I'm taking money.  Then I immediately wipe with the bleach rag.  Back in the day, hand washing stations weren't required.  Only a bleach bucket.  

I accidently forgot my bunji cords that day hence couldn't center the banner...LOL

Actually have a new one that I am debuting this weekend.... Added 'All Natural Hots Sauces & Spicy Condiments' to the top, as I have observed so many people walk by, see Gemini Crow with a confused look and continued on without taking a glance to see what I was selling....

next picture will be centered...pinky swear.

Back