• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

food Taco Bell's New Volcano Nachos - The Good Hurt

This commercial is pretty cool. I'm sure most of us in the states have seen it, but probably not our foreign buddies. Has anybody actually tried these yet? I'm sure they could be improved with some Naga powder sprinkled on.

 
Yes, unfortunately like all hot stuff at any fast food joint it caters to the majority of people..

A little bit of spice but had to add a significant amount of my own pepper powder to make it to my liking.
 
Personally I like to see the fast food companies finally taking baby steps towards making things spicy. They can't really go from no heat to stupididly hot overnight, but maybe over time hot will become hip:)
 
POTAWIE said:
Personally I like to see the fast food companies finally taking baby steps towards making things spicy. They can't really go from no heat to stupididly hot overnight, but maybe over time hot will become hip:)

If I remember right, Wendy's first Spicy CHicken Sandwich was toned down because of complaints...
 
the one i had was not hot at all very dissapinted. and that was before i was eating habs fresh. IDK def glad getting some spicy stuff out theyre.
 

imaguitargod

Inactive Members
Web_Of_Hair said:
If I remember right, Wendy's first Spicy CHicken Sandwich was toned down because of complaints...

Oddly enough it was taken off the market a week after my scathing review of it....hmmm....
 
had the nachos last week - they were alright. i thought they had some spice, but not tons. like someone else said most people would probably find them spicy and hot. the tacos is about the same. all it is is spicy cheese they put on.

(overall though Taco Bell is not good Mexican food)
 
VOLCANO???????? What a friggin Joke!! I ate the "Volcano taco and Nachos" the other day!...Needless to say I was very disappointed. I could have made more heat useing black pepper!! I believe their "Fire Sauce" (ya that nasty vinegar crap in the lil packs) have more heat!!!
 
imaguitargod said:
Oddly enough it was taken off the market a week after my scathing review of it....hmmm....

I KNOW!!!! Like right?

If I had a dollar for every time Dave Thomas was reading your reviews when planning that mege chain's next marketing move.....;)


;)
 
Decided to take a round two pic misssing was a volcano burrito. but honesty both had some good spice, no hab kick but jala bump sorta spice was nice
IMG00230.jpg
 
800 SHU..?.. might as well be dog poo. I won't eat anything under 5,000 SHU.

5 words for this product... Waste of time and money.... That is unless ya spice it up yourself ;)
 
CayenneLover said:
800 SHU..?.. might as well be dog poo. I won't eat anything under 5,000 SHU.

5 words for this product... Waste of time and money.... That is unless ya spice it up yourself ;)

I agree that it's not very hot at all, but it does have a very good taste. I love spicy cheeses and quesos, and this Lava Sauce has a pretty nice flavor for a cheesy sauce.
 

imaguitargod

Inactive Members
cheezydemon said:
I KNOW!!!! Like right?

If I had a dollar for every time Dave Thomas was reading your reviews when planning that mege chain's next marketing move.....;)


;)

Just an odd coincidence. :)
 
Top