food Tailgating Season _ Poppers

Tailgating season is just about upon us. As many of you know I am a die hard Illini fan and go to virtually every game and tailgate. Usually have some poppers - picked some jalapenos and cherry chiles (threw in a couple Orange Manzanos that I got from the grocery store) and stuffed them for future use on the grill. Stuffed them with a combo of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, garlic, and smoked red bhut jolokia powder (that I made last year). Here are some pics - vacuum packed them and froze them for their future destiny - on the grill. Go Illini!

Jalapenos:

P1030881.jpg

Cherry/Orange Manzano:

P1030885.jpg

Packed and ready to go:

P1030887.jpg

Can't wait for college football.

I feel your pain on the Zooker Buddy( I am a die hard gator fan ) . How can you coach if nobody can understand you :rofl:

Oh and the poppers look super tasty :party:

a wise man (you know who you are) once told me that the only time he rooted against florida was when the played georgia - knowing that zook was gone if he lost. you know what happened - he came to illinois.

Those look awesome :)

As far as poppers go, I've always been someone who prefers straight up cream cheese. Tried with cheddar and other fillings, and nothing was quite as good as cream cheese in poppers

Looking good there, buddy!

Elcap, I'm kind of with you - but only kind of. I do like a mix of cream cheese, pepper jack, and chorizo. Even "just" cream cheese and chorizo is pretty tasty. Still, I usually start tossing in stuff from the spice cabinet, too. It's kind of like the words to the song "... I can't help myself..."

i'm with you geeme. i pretty much always use cream cheese as the base - but then start throwing stuff in. i usually use chorizo - this time i used some bacon. the smoked bhut powder gave this batch a great mix of flavor and heat.

Back