• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Tails ? On my f6 scotch brains !

Hi Guy's

Last season I grew 7 different types of Scotch bonnet and included a Scotch brains yellow f5 which I bought from a uk website it turned out less productive but very hot and fantastic strong flavour 😋 I kept seeds........F6

This season I'm growing two, one in micro/mini kratky hydroponics and the other in 20 litre kratky bucket......last season the pod's were big yellow pretty smooth which I was abit disappointed as I like gnarly aesthetics in chillies.

762823af-e4b4-47b8-85b0-788b92b9d599-1_all_205.jpg

The two im growing this year the mini one look very similar to these f5 but the second plant grown from these f6 seeds appear to have tails ! And not just the odd pod but petty much all of them ! I'd of thought by F6 things would have settled down a bit ?? These tails seem quite an extreme variation from last season?? Or is this how it is with crosses??

762823af-e4b4-47b8-85b0-788b92b9d599-1_all_10084.jpg

Tail right ? 🤔

I've not grown varieties with tails before, I did get an "occasional" one on my Bahamian goat year but smaller and curved this plant seems almost every pod looks like this ! I wasn't expecting this much variation in my f6 plants but then I've not really grown f's before is this normal ??

Both pics are Scotch Brains?

Do not look like mine.

Pic of an unripe XCP Scotch Brains yellow currently growing, yes it has a tail:

IMG_0506.JPG

Yes !

The big yellow pod's I grew last year from Scotch brains yellow seeds I got from a UK website I grew a single plant from these f5 seeds and they are the resulting fruit, good size very hot but very smooth not what I was expecting and not "brainy" like the websites photo ! But excellent taste and superb heat. In fact of the 7 Bonnet types I trialed last year this and the chocolate scotch bonnet were my favourites 😋

I saved seed from the big yellow pod's in the photo.......the second photo is the resulting pod's on one of the two plants I'm growing from saved f6 seeds.

One plants looks to be the same pheno type as last year big smooth and the other looks very different as you can see tails tails tails !

Back