• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Take a closer look pls and educate me ; )

To me, your plants look awesome and that is some great photo work! Could be a little nute burn on the last shot. I'm with some of the others: cease and desist all ferts for awhile, or at least cut way back, dilute more. You're looking way ahead to when you are in charge of a jungle and running out of space. Why grow these super fast? Let them coast for awhile, maybe 1/2 strength starting next week.

Also, for your main grow, if you still plan to use the Black Gold, consider mixing in 1/4 perlite or vermiculite with it to allow better drainage.

Meanwhile, chill and enjoy some of the best looking plants in town--YOURS... :cool:

^^ just make sure the vermiculite is the course kind not the fine stuff.. I used the fine stuff and it just holds water and compacts more.. it's great in small quantities but I would go with more perlite than anything else. and yeah. I would re-pot them also, and get some looser soil and dry soil in there.. when my soil was really compact and wet the new leaves were starting to curl so I re-potted them in a much looser and dry soil and let them go for a week and they look much better now.. then go from there.. and ease up on the ferts like everyone else was saying, I noticed when I stopped watching them all the time and didn't water/ and try to add stuff to the soil all the time like epsom salts and ferts.. they did much better

good luck

So if I understand you feed them CalMag and maxicrop once a week and within the same week spray them Epson salt and seaweed. Earth juice microblast is just a catalyst not a true feeder like a grow or bloom its similar to fox farm bushdoctor or root organics trinity I have both but I only use one once every 3 weeks and I rotate their uses. You might be over doing it on the calmag and epson salt choose one and only once a week and see how that works.

No I use Calmag as needed so far once and I have used Mirocblast once again I use it as needed. I spray with Epson salt maybe every few weeks so far twice. But point taken. I intend to work all the above except the Epson Salts into a regular watering schelude but extremely diluted. like what Greg does. Thanks for your input.

To me, your plants look awesome and that is some great photo work! Could be a little nute burn on the last shot. I'm with some of the others: cease and desist all ferts for awhile, or at least cut way back, dilute more. You're looking way ahead to when you are in charge of a jungle and running out of space. Why grow these super fast? Let them coast for awhile, maybe 1/2 strength starting next week.

Also, for your main grow, if you still plan to use the Black Gold, consider mixing in 1/4 perlite or vermiculite with it to allow better drainage.

Meanwhile, chill and enjoy some of the best looking plants in town--YOURS... :cool:

Agreed and thanks! I has the same thoughts about black gold but I'm looking to buy something in bulk haven't found it yet. And I hear you all loud and clear they are now on cruise lol

^^ just make sure the vermiculite is the course kind not the fine stuff.. I used the fine stuff and it just holds water and compacts more.. it's great in small quantities but I would go with more perlite than anything else. and yeah. I would re-pot them also, and get some looser soil and dry soil in there.. when my soil was really compact and wet the new leaves were starting to curl so I re-potted them in a much looser and dry soil and let them go for a week and they look much better now.. then go from there.. and ease up on the ferts like everyone else was saying, I noticed when I stopped watching them all the time and didn't water/ and try to add stuff to the soil all the time like epsom salts and ferts.. they did much better

good luck

Thanks again I hear ya lol ! I'm not gonna repot them until their final potting in a few weeks. It actually sunny here today and I was thinking about taking them outside for a hour or so

Just got back from church and they all look happy today leaves extended and singing lol

IMG_9287.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

Thanks for all your help you guys are great!

Here's some pics of late germinators in 4 inch pots having learned some lessons. The first one is a Caribbean Habanero grown from my seeds and then a 3 headed regular habanero

IMG_8735.jpg

And then a butch t that sprouted after a month

IMG_5853.jpg

And lastly a Jalapeño and a three headed Jalapeño both very sick and were not happy after the transplanting but are starting to come back but have deep purple stems

IMG_7407.jpg

Thanks again everyone!

....Just got back from church and they all look happy today leaves extended and singing lol...

Very good, a little Tebow action could be very beneficial...They do look fantastic.

@ Max, thanks for the heads up on the vermiculite grades. I personally am a perlite man since they 'grow' it here in Idaho.... :cool:

Very good, a little Tebow action could be very beneficial...They do look fantastic.

@ Max, thanks for the heads up on the vermiculite grades. I personally am a perlite man since they 'grow' it here in Idaho.... :cool:

Siliman thanks what I'm learning is this pucker look to some degree is just a normal charastic of these super hots.

Someone was asking about my feeding schelude well my little ones (4inch pots) were dry under 2 on my moisture meter do I water them.I took a gallon jug of just water and added a small Dixie cup like a shot glass worth of Calmag, Fish 5-1-1,
Microblast, Maxicrop seaweed and watered it in that is proper dilution I think .

So if I understand you feed them CalMag and maxicrop once a week and within the same week spray them Epson salt and seaweed. Earth juice microblast is just a catalyst not a true feeder like a grow or bloom its similar to fox farm bushdoctor or root organics trinity I have both but I only use one once every 3 weeks and I rotate their uses. You might be over doing it on the calmag and epson salt choose one and only once a week and see how that works.

Social what did you mean by the statement that Microblast is a catalyst ? I bought it because it had the micro nutes that are often missing am I missing something?

no problem, when I went through my whole over watering and compacted soil thing, I found out that the vermiculite that I had from Hoffman was "fine" grade, and it use to be coarse when they got it from Africa, but Customs I guess stopped all shipments from there so they get their vermiculite from NC I think now.. and they just grind it differently, so from now on I just use a little of the vermiculite that I have left until it is gone.. but then I will be using Perlite from now on out.. can't really go wrong with that stuff lol

and Spanky, I would say it was the watering... they didn't get as bad as mine did, but now that they perked back up, they look much better, must have dried out a little bit or something.. if they had continued to get worse.. then I would have really suggested to repot them, just changing out the soil really.. but they look great! Those 3 headed plants are cool (from what I understand that is just 3 main stems from 1 plant right.. or something like that? or I could be talking about something different) I had a few of those when I bought them from the store, but 2 headed... they get really bushy and produce a lot... wish I had a few this year, but I'm happy with what I have

no problem, when I went through my whole over watering and compacted soil thing, I found out that the vermiculite that I had from Hoffman was "fine" grade, and it use to be coarse when they got it from Africa, but Customs I guess stopped all shipments from there so they get their vermiculite from NC I think now.. and they just grind it differently, so from now on I just use a little of the vermiculite that I have left until it is gone.. but then I will be using Perlite from now on out.. can't really go wrong with that stuff lol

and Spanky, I would say it was the watering... they didn't get as bad as mine did, but now that they perked back up, they look much better, must have dried out a little bit or something.. if they had continued to get worse.. then I would have really suggested to repot them, just changing out the soil really.. but they look great! Those 3 headed plants are cool (from what I understand that is just 3 main stems from 1 plant right.. or something like that? or I could be talking about something different) I had a few of those when I bought them from the store, but 2 headed... they get really bushy and produce a lot... wish I had a few this year, but I'm happy with what I have

Naw these are plants I've been experimenting with and I have a Jalapeño and a Habanero where I have 3 plants in one pot. Gonna grow em out and see how they produce .

Your plants look great I thought from that one picture they were all like that or starting to get like that, but for the catalyst question help the plant intake the nutrients from say the Earth juice grow or bloom through the process. The Earth Juice line from what I saw goes Earth Juice Grow, Earth Microblast, Earth Juice Bloom here is an article about catalyst (wrong article find you one later after I finish my paper) , but like siliman said just relax worrying could lead to impacting your plants.

So you are feeding cal mag at every watering?

I mix Calmag and all nutes in gallon juga according to directions then I fill a jug with only water and add one Dixie cup or shot glass of the pre mixed nutes to the water 1 each of Calmag, fish, earth juice, seaweed .. This way it is extremely diluted. I got this from Greg's grow log.
It seems to work well for him.

I mix Calmag and all nutes in gallon juga according to directions then I fill a jug with only water and add one Dixie cup or shot glass of the pre mixed nutes to the water 1 each of Calmag, fish, earth juice, seaweed .. This way it is extremely diluted. I got this from Greg's grow log.
It seems to work well for him.

So the answer would be yes, every watering.

Just up the page you stated you used cal mag "as needed" and "only once" just trying to be clear.

It is easier to diagnose and help people when we are clear on situations.......

Naw these are plants I've been experimenting with and I have a Jalapeño and a Habanero where I have 3 plants in one pot. Gonna grow em out and see how they produce .

ooh ok, I had one plant where they had a double stem, and I know they are not very common, and was wondering how the heck you could get triple ones lol..and that they did look like 3 separate plants but I couldn't tell.. makes sense now

So the answer would be yes, every watering.

Just up the page you stated you used cal mag "as needed" and "only once" just trying to be clear.

It is easier to diagnose and help people when we are clear on situations.......

No what I said earlier was true but just TODAY after my comment say 2pm pacific time the 4 plants I had in 4 inch pots were dry and that is the FIRST time I added a shot glass of each nute in a gallon jug of water. This is the plan going forward but is the first time after we shared so what I said earlier was accurate .. U confused yet .. Lol ; )

so the "shot glass" is how many ml?

spanky dude please be careful with concentrates

the amount in a marineland shot glass versus a disneyland versus a knott's berry farm one amazes me

please try to use tablespoons teaspoons and fractions of those so we do not worry about your ratios

(i have used certain fertilizers at four times recomended strength by slowly increasing the amount used)

please see THE PLANTS LOOK PRETTY HEALTHY stop trying to find any other little thing to improve

if you want to do prototype things please divide the plants into two groups and ONLY experiment on one of them

(that way you can/will only severely injure the prototypes)

Back