• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Taste test-Cosmonaut Volkov

Here is my taste test for Cosmonaut Volkov.This tomato has great flavor and old time tomato taste. Because of un-Michigan like weather production is not as good as it should be.I do however recommend it and Cosmonaut Volkov will return in 2010. Btw I had it on toast with mayo seasoned with garlic salt.yummy.

Kevin

Kevin,

More info, please?! The size of the plants and their fruit. How seedy or juicy they are. Does it taste sweet, tart, something else. Good to use as a slicer, make juice, can as a whole tomato? Determinate/Indeterminate? Days to Maturity? Heavy, average or light production?

I've heard lots of good things about it but it helps to have objective info!

Mike

cmpman1974 said:
Kevin, where in MI do you live? It's my state too. :)

I am in Hillsdale County about ten min from the Ohio line.

wordwiz said:
Kevin,

More info, please?! The size of the plants and their fruit. How seedy or juicy they are. Does it taste sweet, tart, something else. Good to use as a slicer, make juice, can as a whole tomato? Determinate/Indeterminate? Days to Maturity? Heavy, average or light production?

I've heard lots of good things about it but it helps to have objective info!

Mike

Well production is good but I think the weather is kind of interfering with that.It has more of the old time tomato tang that I like.They would be great for sandwiches or salads but as far as the rest I do not know yet this is my first year growing it and they only just started to get ripe. I will let you know if I can can and juice this year. Plants Indetermenant . I have heard it is a good all around tomato.

For further help on deciding on this mater for your garden here is the description as written in the Baker Creek Catalog.

Cosmonaut Volkov
75 days. A smooth and attractive, medium-large red tomato that has a full, rich flavor. The productive vines yield well even in hot weather, perfect for canning or slicing. This variety is from Dniepropetrousk, Ukraine, and was named after the first Russian Cosmonaut. In response to many requests, we are pleased to add this variety to the catalog.

Kevin

Back