• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor Tastiest of these hot peppers...?

Hey there folks, I just picked up the above peppers at a local nursery, and wondering which may have the best flavor (sweetest before the flames, most fruity..), and also about growing conditions for them. Do they like full, strong, hot sun, or partialy shaded, less intense sun..? These all came from a greenhouse, so I need to get 'em acclimated a bit, before stickin' 'em in the ground. Thanks!

5713888050_f2e7ffb5db_b.jpg

Devil's Tongue is a real treat. one of my favorites! 7-Pot and Scorpion are pretty damn good as well. different flavor, but still excellent stuff.

Beautiful plants!
Thanks; I thought so, too. I'll probably go back for more, when I make some room for them...

After I get these used to the sun, I'll stick 'em in the garden. If anyone in the San Fernando Valley area is looking for some of these (Devil's Tongue, Scorpion, Chocolate Naga, Tiger Teeth, 7 Pot), Orange Habanero, Fatalli or Bhut, - Sego Nursery - in North Hollywood, CA has them (or did, as of yesterday). :)

duane, get in your car immediately and get some of those fatalii plants. In my opinion, that is the tastiest of the hot peppers. Quite a few people on this site agree. I am amazed that a nursery has a selection like that. Very very lucky. Hurry up and get those fataliis.

duane, get in your car immediately and get some of those fatalii plants. In my opinion, that is the tastiest of the hot peppers. Quite a few people on this site agree. I am amazed that a nursery has a selection like that. Very very lucky. Hurry up and get those fataliis.
Already had a couple Fatalli overwintered from last year, and a couple more young ones I found at another local nursery (Green Arrow).. Fatalli has been showing up at the better nurseries since last year. My biggest Fatalli has about 300 blossoms soon to open, with a few open already. I agree on the taste of that one, but it's a real "bakka the throat" killer! The Sego Nursery is actually closed on Thursday (today), but I'm going back tomorrow for a few more plants, and a few for my brother-in-law who's also a pepper lover. :)

Overwintered Fatalli:

5713660705_f5954142f7_z.jpg

5714222078_19be0c8f98_z.jpg

Young Fatalli:

5713660425_b6b37c52b6_z.jpg

All looking healthy man :woohoo: scorps very good flavor in small doses but crazy hot but not grown devils tongue as yet

Boy, you are going to love them…I know because I grew all of them last season!!

They look great, especially coming from a local nursery – WOW!!

Nice big fatalii you got there!
Thanks!

That one gave me loads of great peppers last year, and I'm hoping it does well again this summer. I need to do a little weeding and add some compost, and all should pick right up.

I'm still trying to figure out where to put these new plants... I went back for a few more yesterday, and found some "Trinidad Yellow" that I missed when I was there Wednesday. Looks like I'll be putting some in pots this year, as I'm running out of suitable ground space. I'll get some pictures up in coming weeks, as the plants take off. :)

Cheers, Duane

Back