• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

TBI recovery grow log

Hey everyone, I am starting a grow log to help encourage me and help me manage my new executive dysfunction troubles. This past May, I was assaulted and robbed and suffered my 6th tbi, nerve damage in my c6, and a torn shoulder labrum. I am still recovering from the injury. And I have a lot of long term health struggle including seizures nearly every day. One thing I am going to do to help my executive dysfunction disorder and help my rehabilitation is a grow log. I have tried in the past but as a 6 time brain injury survivor, growing peppers before was hard. This will be my first try since this injury. I am rehabilitating in college at Community College of Philadelphia studying computer science. I actually got a perfect on my intro to python final my first semester. And I am starting a job soon in the Department of Planning and Development working on a steering committee for the city of Philadelphia's infrastructure budget. I'm making a lot of progress despite becoming permanently disabled. Communicating can be hard. And I see this grow log as another medium to work on that.

Living in Philadelphia I'll be growing in pots. I have several 2 gallon pots i purchased with excess student loans. And ill be starting seeds in jiffy pots. I'm still figuring out what growing medium I should use for my transplants. But I have just charted my seed starting tray and will figure out the next move from reading advice on these forums.

xcphantom said:
No matter which way I try to turn the images they still get posted sideways. But here is the set up I'm using. I have 2 of these running with peppers and tomatos spaced out 6-9 inches apart. The middle pipes have greens like lettuce arugula and mustard.
Looks very cool, but I'm concerned 9 inch may be too close for peppers when they get huge.

Back