• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

TB's Juke Joint Finger Food

Hey ya'll once again from the big not so dry ditch here in Las Vegas.(been raining all day) Well I may have gone out of my head last night. Bought some wings and other items at the local hippy food store and then hmmm....what to do...poppers or wings? Then an epiphany hit me like a kung fu dim mak death punch. Why not both? A decision of that magnitude requires much careful contemplation as it in theory combining the two in one instance could tear a hole in the universe and doom all life on the planet. Mrs. Blues retired to bed at 8pm leaving me to my own deviant devices. The Blues Kitchen was now OPEN!

Below is my modus operandi. CAUTION! CUIDADO! First timers should NOT attempt to duplicate the culinary horrors you are about to witness without expert assistance!

First...
Crack and slam 2 beers and one shot..preferably tequila. Not my favorite but I have 2 mags of Patron that I bought for Xmas gifts but "regifted" to myself. Plenty of fuel to begin the destruction.

Take the wings and season liberally with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. Mix 2 parts sweet thai chili sauce to one part mayo and slather over the wings to marinade. Set aside and crack another hosky.

Pith and deseed 8 stuffing sized jalapenos. Do a shot.
Mince shallot and fresh garlic and toss into a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add a heap of sundried tomatos in olive oil, black olives, dried pequins (from TB's own garden of eatin') and mix.
Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime and add. Cut a wedge from the other 1/2 lime. Pour another shot, bite into the wedge and slam the shot. (at this point, a tequila/alcohol forcefield if you will, now shields the Blues Kitchen thus protecting Earths inhabitants). Add shredded cheddar cheese to the mix and a dollop of sour cream as a binder and mix. Taste. Add more pepper or salt if needed.

Crack another beer and in two seperate bowls pour panko bread crumbs. Set oven to 400. Stuff the japs with the mix and roll the stuffing side into the panko to coat (holds the mix together and adds some crunch). Place on a spray lubed cookie sheet to await the journey into the inferno.

Crack another hosky and drain the wings from the marinade. Toss the wings one at a time into the panko and coat liberally. Place the wings in the cast iron skillet.

When up to temp..place the wings and the poppers into the oven and pray the combination of the two concoctions heated side by side doesn't set off a nuclear reaction. That would be bad. A one sub kiloton low yield nuke detonating in my kitchen could cause some serious damage. I reckon about $43.50 worth of damage.

Leave the wings and poppers in the oven for about 2 beers and a shot or until golden brown.

As it turns out the tequila force field did its job and I am here to tell the tale. When the wings came out I tossed them into a bowl with Bone Suckin' Q sauce. The hot one..not the "for total wimps" version.

Behold!

0178.jpg

And the wings...
0180.jpg

Proof they can coexist without destroying the world..

0181.jpg

Cheers ya'll, TB.

they look really tasty!
& what up with the tinfoil for your poppers :shocked: did the shots mess with ya that much ? I'm so used to seeing you having poppers in a skillet.

has the "popper king" fallen from his throne & used tinfoil ? :P
what gives ?

that ain't right TB...doin' that and me with an empty stomach....

those look stupefying

***off to the kitchen to find something to eat***

chilehunter said:
they look really tasty!
& what up with the tinfoil for your poppers :shocked: did the shots mess with ya that much ? I'm so used to seeing you having poppers in a skillet.

has the "popper king" fallen from his throne & used tinfoil ? :P
what gives ?

Forgive me father for I have sinned. The other cast iron I have in the blues kitchen didn't have enough square footage to accomodate the poppers and thusly I had to adapt, improvise and overcome.....and use the evil foil. Your prompting has however inspired me to purchase another 12" or 14" skillet thus allowing me to purge and vanquish the evil foil from the hallowed walls of the Blues Kitchen. ohhh ohhh ohhh allll righty then....

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Forgive me father for I have sinned. The other cast iron I have in the blues kitchen didn't have enough square footage to accomodate the poppers and thusly I had to adapt, improvise and overcome.....and use the evil foil. Your prompting has however inspired me to purchase another 12" or 14" skillet thus allowing me to purge and vanquish the evil foil from the hallowed walls of the Blues Kitchen. ohhh ohhh ohhh allll righty then....

Cheers, TB.

thats ok, just dont let it happen again :lol::P
thats why I bought at least 2 skillets the other day.

CH ....you have any venison left to christen the second skillet? Wild game and cast iron are a perfect match.

Cheers, TB.

yes I have venison left, & of course I'll be cooking venison in the 3 skillets I bought (12", 10", & about 10" sq. grill skillet)
I know what would taste great too! venison sauteed with onions & garlic. yea yea I'm sure you've heard that alot from me but its really tasty!

At first I couldn't believe your arrogance TB, generating the fear and putting Vegas in peril with a potential wing/popper atomic enema! You're insane man!

However, now that all have survived to bare witness to the glory of your foolishness I salute you! The end result has surely justified the risk. :P

The food looks mahvelous.

Looked good as always TB not so sure about the panko for the wings, but I'll take your word for it.

patrick said:
At first I couldn't believe your arrogance TB, generating the fear and putting Vegas in peril with a potential wing/popper atomic enema! You're insane man!

However, now that all have survived to bare witness to the glory of your foolishness I salute you! The end result has surely justified the risk. :P

The food looks mahvelous.

Thanks man. Sometimes a man has to stand alone and look in the face of death for the good of all mankind. Self sacrifice of the one for the good of the many.

imaguitargod said:
I am dissapointed...those are not real fingers :(

How do you know that Idi Amin himself did not concoct those recipe's?

JayT said:
Looked good as always TB not so sure about the panko for the wings, but I'll take your word for it.

The panko really adds a nice crunch on the wings. Not so much on the poppers. I probably won't use it on the poppers again unless I bread the entire popper in the manner of those all so common pseudo restaurant poppers. Imposters!

Cheers ya'll, TB.

texas blues said:
Sometimes a man has to stand alone and look in the face of death for the good of all mankind. Self sacrifice of the one for the good of the many.

texas blues is basically the Conan of this forum. I've read shitty sword-and-sorcery
novels of the 60's and 70's where the protagonist was infinitely less heroic than TB.

robbie said:

texas blues is basically the Conan of this forum. I've read shitty sword-and-sorcery
novels of the 60's and 70's where the protagonist was infinitely less heroic than TB.

Have mercy.

I don't even remember this zombie thread.

One of us is drunk or  :high:

Robbie.

Amigo.

You sir are drunk.

And I do appreciate the kind words senor.

Back