• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

TC07246

So it looks like I'll be going off to grad school this fall... Which means I'll be having someone take care of my peppers while I'm out of state (16 week semesters)... With that in mind, I've been trying to compile a database full of all the information I can think of for every variety of pepper I have...

I can look at a pepper and say hey, thats a douglah. But the person helping me won't have had the same amount of time with the peppers that I have... So the DB is something meant to be printed, that can be carried around the garden, and used to identify peppers at a glance.

That said, there are a few varieties I haven't grown out yet, and can find little information on - TC 07246 being one of them. I picked up a few seeds out of a seed train. I found a picture that Vlad took, but there are some details I lack... If any of you know the following, I'd love to know so I can fill out all the little boxes in my DB... haha

Days to maturity, Color (green, dark green, light green, to Red of course...), pod size, approximate SHU, and a quick description of the taste would be wonderfull...

I'm also using the DB to indicate how many seeds of the various varieties I have... Should help make trading simpler in the long run... Open Excel, scroll down to the variety, and at a glance I'll know how many I have, and if I want to spare them... I like this much better than opening the seed box, and going through ~200 baggies of seed to see how many I have for a given variety haha....

Thanks in advance!

I think that database is a little confused. It says that its a Tovarii, then Annuum, then it says it came from Peru, and at the bottom it says Bolivia.

I'm going to assume the group responsible for the database grew it out, and KNOWS what it REALLY is. Which would mean its a Peruvian Tovarii (as opposed to believing the guy that sent them the seeds that thought it was an Annuum from Bolivia).

Have you ever grown that one out Mike?

Grew it out.
I think might be an Annuum.BUT the guy I got the seeds from originally didn't isolate his plant BUT does trade a lot with Brazil and Bolivia.
I haven't grown out the seeds I have from Rainbow Chile Seeds yet but I think he might have gotten seeds from the same person,not sure...
But I don't know what Tovarii or frutescens Characteristics are in the plant I grew last year.Didn't pay attention at the time other than they looked like they were supposed to look from pics I had at the time.
I assume the seeds grew true or the hybrid had the right look or whatever as I expected to get from un crossed seeds.

Looks like a larger bird pepper to me.

Only reason I don't think it is a Tovari is size.
I got a 1 1/2 in X 1/2in pod.

I have several dry pods saved for seed from non isolated plants.
I've spread a lot of the seeds from my grow out around that grew the same type plant and pods.

I sent you an e mail earlier today.

Back