• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Texas Star Hibiscus

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
this was amazing to me this morning...I caught one of my Texas Star Hibiscus opening and took a series of pictures every 10 minutes of this flower opening...

071610a002.jpg

071610a026.jpg

071610c001.jpg

071610c005.jpg

three more next post

071610c006.jpg

071610c007.jpg

071610c008.jpg

I love this plant

Glad you have time to stop and smell the roses now days AJ. The red hibiscus flower is traditionally worn by Tahitian women tucked behind the ear and is used to indicate the wearer's availability for marriage.

wow! I bet you could pretty much see it moving open. Beautiful flower.

pssssst- I think you can post more than 4 pics in one post in the new forum........but I didn't tell you ;) .....

thanks all...both of my hibiscus has at least one flower opening per day now and from the looks of it with all the new flower buds they will just increase in number as the season passes along...one thing I have found out is they definitely use the water...but then again I have them in 25 gallon containers....I give them 5 gallon a day of water...

Very nice hibiscus pics, AJ.

The hibiscus is the national flower of Malaysia. I used to have a big hedge of this flower.
Flowers daily and makes a big mess at the end of the day.

Back