Texas Tears - Garlic Habanero Sauce - Looking For Reviews

I am looking for people interested in tasting and reviewing my Garlic Habanero Sauce. I will send you one 5 Oz bottle, and link to your website on both our Kickstarter and on http://TexasTears.com.

What I am looking for in return is a written or video review, along with a link back to my website and if possible, a link to my Kickstarter project when I launch it in the next week or two. The Garlic Habanero Sauce you will be tasting will be a limited edition flavor and is one of the options you can choose for the highest pledge level in my Kickstarter project.

Unfortunately, this is the only sauce I have at the moment for you to review, since the Habanero Sauce I had left is now all gone. Once the Kickstarter is funded and the sauce is made, I will gladly send you some of the Habanero Sauce to review and to keep for your help. If you want a t-shirt too, we can discuss that.

Please send me a PM here if you are interested, or email me at dustin@texastears.com. Thank you!

I would forgo asking for written or video reviews, myself.
More effective feedback would involve a questionnaire from you for people to fill out and get back to you. That way, you can find out exactly what you want to know. eg Heat level, fruity taste, texture, viscosity etc. all according to individuals taste/preferences etc. of course. Multiple choice, and/short answers work best. If you just let people video themselves tasting your sauce on a spoon, chances are they won't be as thorough as you would want. If you are releasing next week, or the week after, why are you doing R&D now? Is the sauce finalized?

Just my ¢.02

Good luck Dustin, I hope to see your sauces all over THP soon!

I would say scoville is correct as when I review sauces (will be doing more today) I use the sauce multiple times throughout a week at minimum with different applications and take notes then do a final write up while using the sauce once more to get any last minute thoughts out. So I would do a questionnaire and then at the end have them do a small write up of their thoughts.

Scoville DeVille said:
I would forgo asking for written or video reviews, myself.
More effective feedback would involve a questionnaire from you for people to fill out and get back to you. That way, you can find out exactly what you want to know. eg Heat level, fruity taste, texture, viscosity etc. all according to individuals taste/preferences etc. of course. Multiple choice, and/short answers work best. If you just let people video themselves tasting your sauce on a spoon, chances are they won't be as thorough as you would want. If you are releasing next week, or the week after, why are you doing R&D now? Is the sauce finalized?

Just my ¢.02

Good luck Dustin, I hope to see your sauces all over THP soon!

The sauce is finished. I'm not doing R&D, I am just trying to build up some momentum for our Kickstarter project and trying to get the word out about our company now. Everyone I've given the sauce to loves it, and keeps asking me for more. I am not legally allowed to sell it until I can make it in a professional kitchen, which is the reason for the Kickstarter. But I do appreciate your input, and what you said makes a lot of sense.

And thank you guys for the compliments. When/if I have enough to give out some free samples, I'll be sure to let you all know. :)

Kick ass my friend! If everyone is wanting more, then you have the winning recipe. Awesome.

I get what you are after now, testimonials. Great idea. You will go far with that head you got on them shoulders. :)

I bought a bottle of something called "Tejas Tears" at Tears of Joy in Austin around 4 or 5 years ago. Looking at their website I see they still have it listed for sale. Good luck with your venture.

Mike

Made by a J. P. Hayes of "Sgt. Peppers" of Austin, TX Po box listed. I did not know if this is any kind of conflict or not.

A link to different place;
http://www.hotsauce.com/Tejas-Tears-Hot-Sauce-p/1244.htm

That could be a problem....worth checking out for sure. 

One suggestion regarding these reviews - since you're using these as "testimonials" for your kickstarter, credibility is going to be a huge factor.  And reviews by random people have none. For all anyone knows they're all shills.  Prior to launching / making my 1st commercial batch I sought out established reviewers. It's how I found THP in the 1st place. JayT & another reviewer here were kind enough to put a pre-production sauce through its paces. 

I wasn't using it for a fundraiser - I just wanted the opinions of established industry experts on my sauce and commercial viability. Having the sauce put through its paces in an established format with specific and universally recognized criteria is the only way these will have value for you. 

Just a suggestion. 

Seems the only people posting are trying to tell him what to do. He's looking for reviewers per his terms above, in the Promotion area.

Good luck.

Suggestions are cool in the Food Business area, if people are seeking them.

Sorry to derail your thread. Seriously, THP is right, my bad. I will do what I can to help you generate some forward motion. I must not have been thinking straight when I posted. I would be honored to buy a bottle of your sauce and give you an honest testimonial. I can sometimes use my words good. lol

You are doing everything right my friend, license, commercial kitchen etc.... 

Let's do this!

capsidadburn said:
I bought a bottle of something called "Tejas Tears" at Tears of Joy in Austin around 4 or 5 years ago. Looking at their website I see they still have it listed for sale. Good luck with your venture.

Mike

Made by a J. P. Hayes of "Sgt. Peppers" of Austin, TX Po box listed. I did not know if this is any kind of conflict or not.

A link to different place;
http://www.hotsauce.com/Tejas-Tears-Hot-Sauce-p/1244.htm

After doing multiple trademark searches and numerous searches around the web, I never heard of this sauce until now. Texas Tears, LLC is my business name, and we have a DBA for using the name Texas Tears. As far as I know, the person who makes that sauce no longer makes it or has no online presence at all. Not only that, but I live in Austin and have never seen this sauce before anywhere. Lol.

Back