• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Thai Chili Dropping Leaves

I have a trio of seedlings that I received about a month ago, but about two weeks ago, they started dropping leaves and I've been unable to get them back on track. Initially, they were outside (with sun from 1-7pm) on a patio, and I was watering daily in the morning. When the leaves started falling, I noticed some drooping and lowered the watering to every other day; however, then two of the three plants had their leaves shrivel up, so I resumed daily watering a couple days ago. Weather has been in the 70's or low 80's during the day and down to high 50's and low 60's at night. I started bringing them inside once the sun goes down to try to minimize the temperature drop, but that also hasn't helped significantly. I've attached a picture of their current state and appreciate any advice! 
IMG_8393.jpg

They're the degradable pots that can be planted when the plants get bigger. I don't know the exact brand though because I received them from someone else.

Looks like you have multiple plants in the same pot. Also, not sure where you live, but plants that size have hard time in direct sunlight for long periods of time.

Yeah, there are two stems per pot- is there something I should do to account for this? I'm in the bay area, so it's pretty intense sunlight most days.

hello
i had some plants like that i left em where i germinate the seeds they there for 3 /4 months they look like that ...
 they clien all the minerals and stuf...
Conclusion in my opinion
you need some bigger pot , good dirt, and some place for them to get good sun but not the danger hours :) and 2 weks they get pretier

Back