• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Thai peppers

Thanks to kind donations and saved seed I think I'm good to go for next year other than a good Thai or other Asian variety. I have Thai Dragons that I purchased last year (love the heat and taste, but leathery). Any suggestions for tasty, productive Thai varieties that I can grow next year?
Jerry

I have some Hot Thai I picked up from a nursery. Grew vertical, around 2in, slender, decent heat. They were tasty to snack on right off the plant and made for a girlfriend-friendly powder. OP and I have plenty to share. Pm me, no SASBE necessary if you want a handful.

I have what I believe to be Thai Kee Nu that I harvested from a coworker's plant. If you PM, I will check if I have any left when I'm home. They're quite a bit smaller than the dragon would be, but the heat is there and the flavor is great.

Thai Orange from SSE, very nice all around pepper with fair heat.
This one is still on my plant :)

Cya

Datil

One of my absolute favorite plants I had this year was one I picked up from Lowes. The little stake that came in it just said "Thai hot pepper"... That may not be its actual name cause that sounds kinda generic... If someone more informed knows another name then please correct me. But man did that plant produce! Hundreds of little peppers at a time and the heat was real nice.

Back