The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS!

Pepper North said:
Fantastic, we are super stoked to take home another 7 Hot Pepper Awards (that makes 26 over the last 3 years!). Happy to see our Blueberry Plague snag a 1st as well. Congrats to all the winners, cant wait to try some of them out!
Congrats to all and way to go Pepper North! That Blueberry Plague sounds outstanding! Too bad you don't ship it to the US. I'd love to try it!

It will surprise you. And don't think it's for breakfast or dessert only, would pair well with grilled chicken and pork best imo. Grilled pork chop, or, chicken breast with avocado and red onion on a roll...

Bhuter said:
Congrats to all and way to go Pepper North! That Blueberry Plague sounds outstanding! Too bad you don't ship it to the US. I'd love to try it!

Sorry for the late reply. I can ship to the US, just the cost from Canada makes it tough to do via the website. Feel free to shoot me a PM though and we can work it out.

Ghaleon said:
I seriously need to try that one. Blueberry does not sound like a hot sauce flavor at all to me, but I've seen it in several and need to make my mind up for myself.
We get that reaction a lot at festivals but once people try it they usually really dig it. Its not like a blueberry jam, the berries just give it a wicked seeetness and colour.

I hope some people were able to try these sauces. A LOT of interesting stuff this year. Check out Butterfly Bakery's Maple Sriracha and Smoked Onion for sure, and the Overall, Britannia Mills  - Chaude Boucane of course. Not sure if you can get the Hungarian scorpion pepper one (Chili Joker) but if you can, DO! And green sauces from Pex, Meet your Cremator, That's So Good, not to mention the best Taco Sauce by Hellfire! Hellfire really cleaned up this year, with even the hottest sauce! Of course everyone listed deserves attention... before I forget, Bow Valley's Jerk is LEGIT! And Melbourne's Hop Smoked Jalapeno is outta this world (for the Aussies). Tudaloo for now.

(continued)

Mikey V's Sweet Ghost Pepper for your spring rolls and Asian fried foods... Dinosaur BBQ's Garlic Chipotle for your burritos and refried beans... Cobra Chilli's Reaper Magic for sushi, and OSO's Coastal Fog (mayo based) makes an EXCELLENT slaw dressing or Alabama white sauce (with scorpion peppers :fire:). Chilicum - Noir on ice cream. BOOM!

If savory is your thing check out Gindo's... their Truffle Parmesan and White Fish Pepper will complement many a meal... Bold Badger's game is fermentation, all of his sauces are fermented, check out the winning 7-Pot and others (with a coupon to boot!).

Back